Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Dave999, You are about one month early. Perhaps move this to your countdown thread...

Maybe they aren't releasing a Galaxy Note 3 but the long rumored Galaxy Note 12.2 with a 2560x1600 display and S-Pen.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...y-note-tablet/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Maybe they aren't releasing a Galaxy Note 3 but the long rumored Galaxy Note 12.2 with a 2560x1600 display and S-Pen.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...y-note-tablet/
It's Galaxy note 3 Atleast. Learn from history...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I might buy the 12.2 for couch surfing, not the version 3 which isn't that innovative imho, at least according to rumors.

The NOTE line gets released at the worst time I tell you.

When the OG was released, it had Android 2.3 where Android 4.0 was available on the Gnex. And its guts are more powerful too, sadder was the fact the update took a LONG time.

The next year the NOTE II was released with 4.1, and 4.2 was available shortly after... like previously which took Samsung many months to roll out the decimal update.

Fast-forward two years, the NOTE 3 is about to debut and it will certainly come with 4.3 However, in the same period Android will make a generation leap to version 5.0. And again the NOTE 3 will probably be more powerful and feature-packed than the Nexus 4/Moto X

I'm flattered

boooooring

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The NOTE line gets released at the worst time I tell you.

When the OG was released, it had Android 2.3 where Android 4.0 was available on the Gnex. And its guts are more powerful too, sadder was the fact the update took a LONG time.

The next year the NOTE II was released with 4.1, and 4.2 was available shortly after... like previously which took Samsung many months to roll out the decimal update.

Fast-forward two years, the NOTE 3 is about to debut and it will certainly come with 4.3 However, in the same period Android will make a generation leap to version 5.0. And again the NOTE 3 will probably be more powerful and feature-packed than the Nexus 4/Moto X
What's so bad about timing? get both a motoX and a note lll. The OG was/is great, but getting old You need to trade up...

LG and HTC will also launch their BigFoots, but to me Sony and SG note lll is the front runners. I'm choosing between these two(sony&Samsung) since ubuntu won't be built, sailfish can't compete in the high end and Tizen is in hiding.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-06 at 10:37.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
If the rumors are reasonably close I could see getting GN3.

2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
3GB Ram
5.7-5.99 inch screen (Although I hope it is as wide as GN1 which was ideal for me)
Also 13 megapixel camera

Is this it?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...pecs-and-price

Last edited by mscion; 2013-08-06 at 13:36.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Double sim, both online, would be great...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What's so bad about timing? get both a motoX and a note lll. The OG was/is great, but getting old You need to trade up...

LG and HTC will also launch their BigFoots, but to me Sony and SG note lll is the front runners. I'm choosing between these two(sony&Samsung) since ubuntu won't be built, sailfish can't compete in the high end and Tizen is in hiding.
Its bad because as soon as it launches, there's a newer/better Android OS available. And because of the timing, the NOTE has to wait the maximum amount of time to get the update.

If they launch it a little earlier, the time to update would be shortened as Samsung will put attention to the cause to keep its (future)customers happy.
If they launch it a little later, Samsung can roll out the phone with the latest and greatest iteration.

To update an Android version, Samsung takes a looooong time.
They blame the carriers but that's bullsh I tell you:
>Plug your NOTE into a PC and load up Kies.... "No Updates"
Nothing to do with the carrier here, I rest my case.

To me the NOTE is the best device.
I'm kind of over "Mobile Linux"... I have less and less time to devote to such hobbies. My N900 is lost in the house, collecting dust.
I see the point of "having an ecosystem" and a device with "community support" as well as "third-party support".

SONY is the only one who I can see that can better Samsung, but I doubt that. Firstly, they're going overboard with the size. The N2 was great, but I wouldn't mind a tad smaller (5.2in ?). SONY doesn't have Pen support, or if they do it doesn't have its own Silo. S Pen is great size and slots in neatly. SONY wins hands-down in software but Samsung isn't far behind. Samsung has Multi-Window which puts them ahead again. Samsung goes All-Out with the Specs, SONY only does commendable.

HTC can defeat the NOTE, but they won't.
I saw the future and came back, they won't.
They always stuff something up whether its a tricky S-OFF, low QC issues, dumb button preference (HTC ONE --WTF?!?!), and gimmicky approach (HTC Home, Ultrapixel, etc).

The only thing I want from a NOTE 3 is:
- a N2
- a FUKING KICKSTAND
- greater attraction to devs (open source Multi-Window plz)
- Black, premium colour / better feel
- updated specs
- Don't pull a HTC/F** UPS (seriously 2 buttons???)
- FRONT - STEREO - LOUD - SPEAKERS
##_not_asking_4_much

I'm flattered

Tags
android, galaxy note