Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Seems to confirm the MX3 rumour I posted about last month. The spec of that is enough to make me want it (unfortunately I think the battery is not removeable).
5 inch screen. I can live with that. Seems to be solid spec.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Price Point $200-$400 for Ubuntu phones...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...-cost-200-400/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/04/u...pment-says-dev

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
If Ubuntu Touch/Phone fails, will Canonical and Ubuntu Linux as we know it disappear?

Dear Mr Super Epic Dave999,

Canonical started the year with the exciting news about Ubuntu smartphone launch partners Meizu and BQ at MWC 2014. Our pre-launch devices won “The Best of MWC 2014, Tom’s Hardware” award.

We are now coming to Shanghai to showcase Ubuntu on smartphones and tablets at Mobile Asia Expo. Join us to get a hands on experience of the beautiful Ubuntu OS running on Meizu devices.

Our experts will also be be speaking at the Innovation Lab sessions on Wednesday 11th at 9.30 am and 15.30 am. You can learn how Ubuntu is bringing innovation to the mobile industry, with its unique content first UI paradigm, “scopes” - and how these provide unprecedented customization opportunities for partners.

We look forward to seeing you in Shanghai from 11-13 June 2014!

Best Regards,

Canonical

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
^what a suck up

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
^what a suck up
I support Every new OS and trying to get the word out. Sail,tizen,FF,ubuntu. Im trying to judge the OS after i have it in my hand. Not before. So yeah i suck up and blow it all over you until release.

You should try the same

http://www.mobileworldlive.com/interview-ceo-canonical

Mr mini Steve jobs as in very skilled marketer.

Mark Shuttleworth has said on a number of occasions that the first Ubuntu-powered smartphones should be arriving this Autumn, but unfortunately, the developers yet aren’t available to ship a stable version so soon. Now, a separate branch of Ubuntu Touch that will get RTM status, and will mainly be focused on bug fixes and stability issues.
http://gigjets.com/08/17998-ubuntu-touch-rtm

Originally, the plan was to make Ubuntu Touch available for the complete Google Nexus range, be it tablets or smartphones. As of lately though, the developer dropped the support for the Galaxy Nexus, Google Nexus 7 2012 and Google Nexus 10.

Canonical’s Mark Shuttleworth hopes that by the time the first Ubuntu Touch powered phones hit the market, there will be a lot of quality apps available for users. Until though, we’re still waiting for Ubuntu Touch to finally come out, which we still have no official date on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Canon...M-456563.shtml

Canonical has now shifted its focus on Ubuntu Touch RTM (release to manufacturing), the version of the operating system that will land on a couple of phones this fall.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:

Tags
linuxrules2013