PLS HELP OUT{Theming}
Its been a long time that I have NIT 900 in my pocket and ofcourse a different experience like all of the N900 users experienced. I liked the big resolution very much of the device and now I want to customize the screen my own way in terms of the graphics of the theme. It was full of fun while developing for symbian using Carbide.ui and I also tried a lot with the maemo theme maker(General Maemo Theme Maker & another is MAEMO SDK).

Unfortunately both the softwares refused to develop debian pack for me, I tried nearly 25 times with Theme Maker and almost same with MAEMO SDK. I was then using Windows XP, I am describing because I read many forums about that these softwares are unable to build the .deb packages in WinXP.

Next what happened was really AWESOME. I install UBUNTU, because then I would be able to make themes successfully, but being a user of windows only I was not even able to install Java in ubuntu. Talking of the MAEMO SDK in UBUNTU, I was unable to get the path names correctly to access the extracted files(although I was able to access them in WinXP). And was really very frustating because I did everything according to the maemo wiki infromation for Theme Maker and MAEMO and even I was fail.

Finally after a long gap I again decided to learn developing theme for MAEMO 5(on whatever it is, wheather linux, winxp, theme maker, maemo sdk).
So please help me out.

I have done following few works to acheive goal in lesser time:
1) Installed WinXP and Ubuntu
2) Installed MAEMO SDK in both OS
In WinXP I installed this in H: drive
And in Ubuntu as usual(I installed Ubuntu in C drive(as displayed in WinXP))
3) ThemeMaker1.2.9.zip is extracted to Desktop of both the OS.
4) Java installed in XP but not able to install in Ubuntu(I dont know how to install this in linux Ubuntu)

Tell me how to open madde in ubuntu or install java in ubuntu
or solution for winxp to enable formation of .deb files.

Last edited by soravhoney; 2010-04-10 at 17:12.

c'mon post replies.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Have you seen the tutorial on wiki for MADDE on windows there is a link on my website its is step by step.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.