Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
I'm still puzzled about the outrage about the internal storage.
The first iPod had 5GB, and that was enough for most users. You can store at least 50 albums on that much space. And don't tell me you watch feature movies on your phone.
Here we go again ...

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
Is it me but does the nexus 4 bear a little resemblance to our glorious old N900
It's just you.
Androids are ugly devices (xcept the Moto Milsestones/Droids).

although I like the "ghost face" of the Nexus.... they are still... pretty generic. in particular the Nexus 4 is identical to Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S (front side)

it's pretty decent for Android's standards but still... nothing spectacular.

And no, it doesn't look like the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I am not so concerned about local storage. I stream files from a drive in my home with over 1TB of storage, which is easily superior to carting info back and forth to my mobile as I had done with the N810. I rarely have need for my entire collection of files when out on the road, but if I needed much more storage it would be trivial to store such data on a USB drive. I can certainly hold enough with 16GB internal to keep me satisfied for many hours.

I am one of those individuals that is not bothered by lack of a micro SD port. In fact, this view seems to be prevalent with the majority as this characteristic not slowed sales of the Nexus 4.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2012-11-14 at 15:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
The first iPod had 5GB, and that was enough for most users. You can store at least 50 albums on that much space. And don't tell me you watch feature movies on your phone.
Well, I have 15GB of music and I want them all on my phone at once to give me the widest selection. And yes, I do watch feature movies on my phone when I'm flying on budget airlines with B.Y.O entertainment or passing time in crappy hotels. Streaming isn't an option for me with high data cost.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kein For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
"That should be enough for everyone" is a poor way of thinking
I have a 3Go data plan, which is more than enough for many things but certainly not day long streaming of music.
12Go of user data is very easily filled with a not so big music collection.
Given the price, I forgive them, but it's still a drawback.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
I have more than 200GB of music... Why would I want to take it all with me all the time? Seems just silly.

I'm with Cap'n Corrupt... Maybe we're just too old?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
once I installed a high end game on android and it took 1.8gb of memory, and that was the non HD version.
It was on nitdroid too and that game is about a year old now, so newer games could probably take up more space

I don't know if it would be possible to transfer game files with OTG, if yea it would be an ok workaround, inconvenient but better than nothing

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I have more than 200GB of music... Why would I want to take it all with me all the time? Seems just silly.

I'm with Cap'n Corrupt... Maybe we're just too old?
I simply do not wish to select every morning the albums I want to listen to during the day. Neither every week. Actually, I don't want to do it at all, but as it's not possible I'll do with "the less often I can". Maybe you don't care. Well good for you some people do.
The more space I have:
- the less often it happens that I want to listen to an album, but it's not on my music device.
- the less often I need to change the library on my music device because I'm fed up with it.
Choice. You know.

Now, if you have 200Gb but actually there is only 12Gb of it that you ever listen to or want to listen to, then you don't really have a 200Gb library

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
The simple truth is that the networks are profiting from the cost of people buying data.

a few years ago £5 would get you 1GB of data with pretty much any network and 1GB was pretty much the standard cap.

Now every network includes 250mb by default, not even 500mb. Streaming is out of the question - and even if you could stream the speed is just too slow (for copying file for example or video!)

I have other stuff on my phone as well not just music, my pictures videos, the odd TV show I download when I'm out and about, PDF's/ebooks etc, it all adds up.

I don't need 64GB, but AT LEAST 32GB so I can have some breathing space!

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
I think all high-end phones should now come with 64GB, like the iPhone, Galaxy S and NOTE's. In fact, there is 128GB available, but it might cost $30 which is "too expensive" according to OEMs and don't provide the option...where I know consumers would gladly pay $50 excess for.

Apple has chosen storage as the differentiator for price, and all the other OEMs have followed suit. This plays well for carriers as their bread and butter is Monthly Data Allowance, Data packs, and excess Data Surcharges.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: