Hello guys,

what about to add a "platform" column on the partecipant's table ?
So we can track if an app is only for harmattan or for maemo or both or others, what do you think?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
Hello guys,

So we can track if an app is only for harmattan or for maemo or both or others, what do you think?
I like that idea.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
@kojacker

man you are awesome

+1

./sifo
haha - it's so not true, but thanks sifo

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
New donation by anonymous.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund
Thanks anonymous!

By the way, if anyone has become anonymous because they forgot to add their username to a donation, just pm me or zehjotkah (or leave a note here) and we'll update the wiki so you get the credit you deserve

Hello guys,

That is a great idea b0unc3, gosh I wish I'd thought of that before. Now I'll have to edit each row to add the new column in .. bah!

I'll do it as soon as I grab some time. In work I've now moved seats to beside my manager, so I'm possibly not posting as often as I used to

Also @ all.. I'm still behind on pm's Sourav.dubey I haven't forgotten you and your beginners question

That reminds me, can some of you Qt gurus advise - for N900 development the Maemo toolchain isn't included installed automagically with the latest Qt SDK releases, isn't that right? Is it just a matter of installing it through additional components? Annoyingly I don't have my laptop with me to check it out.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
That reminds me, can some of you Qt gurus advise - for N900 development the Maemo toolchain isn't included installed automagically with the latest Qt SDK releases, isn't that right? Is it just a matter of installing it through additional components? Annoyingly I don't have my laptop with me to check it out.
Yes... Help\Start Updater on Qt Creator menu, "package manager" on dialog and under "Development Tools" you will find "Maemo Toolchain"

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post

That is a great idea b0unc3, gosh I wish I'd thought of that before. Now I'll have to edit each row to add the new column in .. bah!

I'll do it as soon as I grab some time. In work I've now moved seats to beside my manager, so I'm possibly not posting as often as I used to
I've already done it, while adding my entry

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure if this has yet to be mentioned within this forum but I am interested in the legal parameters surrounding the N950's being offered as prizes.

Prior N950's are bound by a contract that delegates ownership to Nokia (highlights include eventual return of item back to Nokia).

I am fully aware that Nokia doesn't actually care for or intend to have these phones returned to the company by the winners - at least, I hope that they haven't lost quite that much of their character. Regardless, I am interested in the fine print.

If the N950's are to be given with full ownership rights then I may enter the competition with some security related application. If I find that I do not have time for such an endeavor, I may shamelessly shove money into the hands of the winners until they hand over the merchandise.

Yours truly,

Abe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Abe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Yes... Help\Start Updater on Qt Creator menu, "package manager" on dialog and under "Development Tools" you will find "Maemo Toolchain"
Any other way to download it, QT maintain gives me 5-10kb of speed. Any way to download it using download managers which provides resumable downloads.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
what happens if someone win 1st and 2nd place in the same category or wins in two categories? They will get two phones?

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
It's been a while without an update, apologies for the delay

First to start with some possible bad news, to get it out of the way first Don't worry, it's not too bad You haven't heard much about the competition website so far as the developer has been tricky to get hold of. zehjotkah has been trying his best emailing and trying to bump into him at c-base without much luck. About a month ago we got a link with the beginning of the 2012 competition site so I thought maybe the developer was on holidays. However i noticed last week the link is now gone again and zehjotkah still no reply from the developer. So I'm losing patience in it to be honest

Still, there's always a solution and the most basic one is we simply add a column to the wiki with a path to where the application can be downloaded from. Folks can email me with all the details they need to enter and for me to set up the category threads here on maemo.org. And really, thats basically the function of the competition website covered anyway. It would be nice to have, but not essential - we'll keep trucking on

Now, if anyone would like to volunteer to make a competition website and has some hosting for it we'd still be all ears

Time for some better news Would you believe we now have 5 applications listed against the Location & Navigation category? A big thanks to fcrochik, adityamhatre, munozferna, emyei, and noidea but we still need more! but it's looking much more healthier than the last time (was 2)

I think we still need a safety net here, in case we don't have 6 valid enteries when the competition closes, so I'd like you all to think about a prize rule where unallocated prizes can be fairly distributed to other categories. Cos sometimes my head hurts when I think about it

Finally some scarey news... only 1 month left!!!!!!!

If you have any worries about packaging applications, something you're stuck on, or anything else that may be holding you back from completing your application then this is the time to let us help you. Or let us try to find someone to help you Especially beginners, we want to see everyone have a finished application

I've already done it, while adding my entry
Thanks b0unc3, that's a great help

Originally Posted by Old Abe View Post
I'm not sure if this has yet to be mentioned within this forum but I am interested in the legal parameters surrounding the N950's being offered as prizes.

Prior N950's are bound by a contract that delegates ownership to Nokia (highlights include eventual return of item back to Nokia).

I am fully aware that Nokia doesn't actually care for or intend to have these phones returned to the company by the winners - at least, I hope that they haven't lost quite that much of their character. Regardless, I am interested in the fine print.

If the N950's are to be given with full ownership rights then I may enter the competition with some security related application. If I find that I do not have time for such an endeavor, I may shamelessly shove money into the hands of the winners until they hand over the merchandise.
I'm not too certain about the legalities Abe, the best place to enquire is on one of the main Community Device threads as all devices will be provided by Nokia under the same legal guidelines. The folks who have already received their handsets from the other device programs will have received and signed up for/accepted whatever they needed to sign up for/accept So they know the answer to exactly what you're asking.

Anything I say on the matter has no real authority ofcourse, but as you say I don't think there's an expectation from Nokia that these handsets will be returned. However, there's an expectation from everyone at the competition that these handsets will be used and enjoyed by the winners and we hope not just sold on for quick cash. There's nothing we can do to ensure that happens - so part of me likes the 'fear' of Nokia requesting the handset back even if in reality it wouldn't happen haha

This thread is probably a good place to ask your question if you'd like to discuss it with the organisers/council/device winners there, or i can add a general question along the same lines if you'd prefer

Now we know you have an application idea Abe, I still want see your application entered

Originally Posted by Sourav.dubey View Post
Any other way to download it, QT maintain gives me 5-10kb of speed. Any way to download it using download managers which provides resumable downloads.
Hey Sourav, I believe this is the only way to add it (unless you can get someone to send you the code on a disc or something, and manually install it.. but that could be messy). Hope you can stick with the slow speeds, it's the easiest way Once you have the Maemo Toolchain you'll have everything you need to get your first application created and launched on your N900. It's a pain now, but will be worth it in the end

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
what happens if someone win 1st and 2nd place in the same category or wins in two categories? They will get two phones?
Hi rash, the general split of the prizes is out there but the little details are not quite finalised yet. I'll put together something with the device split and bounty split soon for everyone to look at and consider. But effectively, we have 25 devices to get into developers hands and i would like to see that spread as widely as possible. Also, Nokia might think it very odd when we put in a request for multiple devices for the same person So of the 25 devices, the expectation is we'll have 25 different device winners. If someone is lucky enough to be in the position to win a device with one application and have an additional entry also placed in a device winning position, we could substitute a bounty share and allocate that device to the next placed entrant. That was a very long sentence, but I hope it made sense

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-08-08 at 12:52.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
We got a new donation.
50,00 € by eduperez

Thanks a lot!
All donations: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas