Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I find it hard to believe that ASUI is the cause of your dsp_dld corruption. It wouldn't be hard for someone to rip out all the other ASUI code to make a standalone process list, just not something I'm going to do.
Okay. I didn't think so, but hey, why not ask?

I think the only thing that ASUI "might" have caused problems was with alarm_d (sp?).

The last 5 times or so I set the alarm, it would be for 10 minutes after which it was set.

I figured that maybe I just missed hearing it go off the first time, but it's really doubtful.

I should have made a log for this.

Sorry.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Okay. I didn't think so, but hey, why not ask?

I think the only thing that ASUI "might" have caused problems was with alarm_d (sp?).The last 5 times or so I set the alarm, it would be for 10 minutes after which it was set.
Everyone knows ASUI has problems with alarmd.

I haven't seen the alarm not go off when it is suppose to though. Anyone else having this problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
New ASUI and settings test binaries available:
  • the red devlock brightness control now changes between green, yellow and red
  • fix: horizontal and vertical swipes to blank and lock&blank devlock screen were triggering even when swipe didn't originate from the button bar
  • * swiping down from devlock brightness control will now lower brightness
  • don't set a devlock timeout for audio lock if device doesn't use one
  • changed devlock timeout from 1000 to 1440 (minutes) when audio lock active
  • immediately commit most asui_state changes, doesn't fix issue with /apps/asui_state DBUS folder being deleted
  • added klogd and sysklogd to asui-settings service manager
  • refactored focus grab/ungrab code
  • active alarms will now appear after an open menu is closed
  • alarms that go off in the charging runlevel will now cause the device to boot and sound the alarm instead of silently dismissing them

Run asui dit ; asui dis to download and install.

* I've changed my mind on having a down swipe lower brightness and will be changing it to have the down swipe open the brightness slider to set the exact brightness. I'm releasing it as-is for now to get the other changes out since most of them have been ready for 4-5 months.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Ugh, i really need to get that internal partition extracted so that i can get my N800 booting again.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
1) Having trouble with turning off the alarm after I have selected snooze. the alarm continues to sound while asui flashes on the screen but not long enough for me to select stop alarm at the bottom of asui screen. So I have to remove the battery to turn it off. When it comes back on the alarm starts up again but then asui screen comes up for me to turn off the alarm.

2) WIFI connection drops off alot more than before I installed asui.

3) Battery drain is way up. I have selected the wifi fix option in asui setting but it does not help.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
1) Having trouble with turning off the alarm after I have selected snooze. the alarm continues to sound while asui flashes on the screen but not long enough for me to select stop alarm at the bottom of asui screen. So I have to remove the battery to turn it off. When it comes back on the alarm starts up again but then asui screen comes up for me to turn off the alarm.
I am able to snooze and close alarms without any issues. Can you give me more details to help me reproduce the problem? What do you mean by flashes? Are you running the release binary or latest test binary? You could also try installing the debug binary with asui dd ; asui id, set an alarm that fails and then send me the /root/asui-debug* log file and run asui dit to restore test binary.

2) WIFI connection drops off alot more than before I installed asui.
ASUI only sends commands to start and stop wifi, the only way ASUI could be responsible for wifi stopping is if you tap the wifi button.

3) Battery drain is way up. I have selected the wifi fix option in asui setting but it does not help.
I've found that the wifi fix option doesn't work 100% of the time, it should help most of the time but you shouldn't rely on it. I still put the device into flight mode when I'm not using wifi to prevent the wifi bug. This is already on the TODO list but I'll make a note of it in asui-settings in the next release.

I am also working on something that might allow ASUI to detect high drains when the screen is off and play an alarm...

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
What I mean by asui flashing, is it will come up on the screen for a split second then leave only to repeat this action many times a minute. I have the file that you requested, how should I send it to you?

What I mean by asui flashing, is it will come up on the screen for a split second then leave only to repeat this action many times a minute. I have the file that you requested, how should I send it to you?
Can you run asui it and let me know if that fixes the issue?

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Can you run asui it and let me know if that fixes the issue?
Thank you, asui it seem to have fixed the alarm problem.

New ASUI and statusbar binaries.
  • added message to not trust wifi fix in asui-settings
  • fix: keep popup clock from opening when alarm activates
  • display notification when ASUI can't grab focus
  • retry window_grab() twice with 250ms delay between each attempt
  • fix: battery applet now opens ASUI on release instead of press to avoid focus problems

Run asui dit ; asui dis ; asui da to download and install the test binary for ASUI and statusbar applet. You will need to open control panel and disable ASUI's statusbar applet, save, and then enable it.

This will fix the problem of ASUI not opening when statusbar applet is tapped, it should always open now. It also displays a notification whenever ASUI can't grab focus and doesn't open.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox