I hope somebody can help me!!

My twitter just stopped working and I decided to reinstall the version V 40.2012.21.3 on the phone through Nokia Suite. After reinstalling the program I have the follwing problems:

- twitter still doesn't work, I can install the account but it just says no tweets and won't let me send tweets and no tweet updates are shown on the feed.

- there is no screensaver clock, no signs for e-mail or sms etc. the front screen is completely black until I double tap and then other functions are normal

- I couldn't imports contacts from wha I had synced with Nokia Suite it just says error code 80100022 8d5e000a

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me! I love my N9 and this is the first time I've had problems since I got it in Sept12.

Please make my day and help me out here

...and I know nothing about terminal etc. so hope you have some simple advice

Last edited by fingirl; 2013-01-06 at 21:57.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
if you are not familiar with terminal windows, then easiest solution is just to take the device to nokia care, and let them reflash it.

And if you would be familiar with terminal, then there is flashing guide in this forum.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

I currently live abroad and not in Finland, so I'm affraid they don't have a nokia care here So I guess I'll have to try the flash :/ any risks with it? Where should I look for th flashing guide?

Is flashing the only solution that can fix those issues?

Thanks!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Why not install Qneptunea? way way better than the stock twitter client.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
For some people this work, for other I thing flash the device or reset it works.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84596

I reflashed last night to fix gallery issue, weird issues came up. The alarms I set didn't go off, after a reboot the alarms started working fine.

Anyways to reflash I combined http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 and http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88369 (look at the screenshot of cmd on this one). I downloaded Nokia Suite to instal the drivers (nokia suite didnt take me anywhere but for some reason after installing the suite, windows was able to pickup n9 under sdk/reflash mode)

Originally Posted by fingirl View Post
I currently live abroad and not in Finland, so I'm affraid they don't have a nokia care here So I guess I'll have to try the flash :/ any risks with it? Where should I look for th flashing guide?

Is flashing the only solution that can fix those issues?

Thanks!
Back Up your N9
Accounts>twitter click on the 3 lines on low right and select delete
confirm the deletion
settings>reset>restore settings
The settings will reverse to factory default.
Accounts> add accounts then add the twitter again.

If the above fails do this:
Back Up your N9
Accounts>twitter click on the 3 lines on low right and select delete
confirm the deletion
Then Go Here:
[URL="http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Nokia-Software-Updater-Download-141287.html"]
Click on: Softpedia secure download (UK)
Download the file and install it "Nokia Software Updater 3.0.655"
Run the above application
On your N9 >settings>devices>USB
Select the option 'sync and connect'
Connect the usb cable to the phone an computer.
The program will recognize the N9
Click 'restore'
When the operation ends reinstall twitter
Use the back up for restoring pics, contacts, messages, mail,calendar...etc
I hope it will help, good luck

I think n9revised's suggestions are good ones. I also think you should double check that your low power screen setting is correct (it may have been auto-switched with the other stuff you did). Go to Settings -->Device-->Display-->Standby screen (should be activated, if you want it).

There are other, better Twitter apps out there, if you don't want to reflash. QNeptunea has been mentioned, but Tweetian is also good and has swipe integration, too.

I would also check your search function (the magnifying glass app) and type in some of your contacts there. Sometimes the tracker can lose track (how ironic) of contacts, but the search function will turn them up.