Notices

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Conversations on Android and Monal on iOS work great.
IOS, Android it should work on all platforms including linux, macos, windows atm there is no good XMMP client working everywhere that's why no one use it except GPL folks only.

Whatever we like FOSS or not fact stands we can't convince non geeks to switch if FOSS apps is broken. So far I have not seen any XMMP based apps that works good and easy.

Also people wants media(post links, pictures, sound) not only text messages. This is something telegram has. XMMP may have some half backed approach in some clients.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-08-23 at 19:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
IOS, Android it should work on all platforms including linux, macos, windows
I think you highly underestimate the amount of people who exclusively use their mobile phone to communicate. WhatsApp can only be used on one device - one single mobile phone - at a time, yet it has a billion active users. If desktop clients exist, lots of people will use them. If they don't, lots of people won't truly care. In fact I just realised Monal actually has a version for OSX, so there's that. If your point is that the clients on different operating systems have different names, I also think that isn't making the situation easier (because people will have to figure out the name of what they need to install depending on which kind of phone they have), but that's almost inevitable with a decentralized protocol. Almost (this has a lot of potential to be the next big thing).

So far I have not seen any XMMP based apps that works good and easy.
Conversations and Monal

Also people wants media(post links, pictures, sound) not only text messages. This is something telegram has. XMMP may have some half backed approach in some clients.
All of those work perfectly fine in Conversations, I'm pretty sure in Monal as well but I don't have an iOS device to confirm.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Which of these runs on SailfishOS?

The Following User Says Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
What is the status of "secure chat mode" I tried to send msg in this mode but it seems the received does not get the message.

I use 0.8 from openrepo also tried compile latest master branch but it didn't compile some source file was missing.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Italy
Uhm, I have noticed this message now (I need to enable notification for this topic).

In 0.8 it a good idea to avoid secret chats because they are unstable.

The master branch of Sailorgram on GitHub needs to be adjusted because I have tried to integrate the new version of the library that I was using (the Cutegram ones) but it's incomplete, buggy and unsuitable for a mobile device, and they are becoming obsolete again (they use an older layer now).

Currently I'm developing a dedicated library which uses the latest Telegram APIs (Layer 57) and I will begin the integration on Sailorgram next month, after that I will begin a new (public) 0.9 beta testing session during the end of November (if the integration goes smoothly).

The new secret chats implementation will be added during beta testing sessions and they will be available out of the box in the stable 0.9.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
As promised:

SailorGram 0.9 BETA 1 available for testing: Link

There is still a long road ahead, but it's promising.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
I didn't receive activation code so I switched back to 0.80. Then I got the sms. After activation I saw that the previous codes had been sent in telegram though...

The Following User Says Thank You to fontaine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
I didn't receive activation code so I switched back to 0.80. Then I got the sms. After activation I saw that the previous codes had been sent in telegram though...
comfirm... but i receive on my desktop pc. Works smooth

@dex you write v0.9, in the Link is 0.89-10, and its not possible to change the language (or is this missing?)

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Yes Telegram sends the activation code in another client, I will change that in the 2nd BETA (usually I prefer a telegram message instead of a sms during testing).

0.89-10 is correct: Usually I will increase the version number to 0.90 (or whatever version) only when it's stable enough to be released on Open Repos

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
Hallo, Dax !

It seems that Sailorgram does not send to telegram server phone numbers from address book. Am I right ?
This is very good !

Nimip

The Following User Says Thank You to nimip For This Useful Post:

Tags
soviet spyware