Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
I just realized that I haven't made announcement for btinput-terminal in this forum although it has already been downloaded more than 5500 times from Ovi store.

BTinput terminal (btinput-terminal) is a copy of meego-terminal, with one added functionality. It supports enabling and disabling of VKB (virtual keyboard).
  • v1.0.1 added support for grey on black color scheme.
  • It is meant to be used with btinput package.
  • You should use external bluetooth keyboard if you disable VKB (I'm using this one from dx).

Download free from here: http://store.ovi.com/content/258644

GPLv2 source code available here: https://gitorious.org/~rainisto/meeg...input-terminal

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-05-28 at 04:46.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nice,
link to the DX kb is dead, but I believe its what I have.
allthough I cant get it to recieve from that kb.
it connects, but phone is not receiving anything. did you do some more steps to make that kb work?

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Nice,
link to the DX kb is dead, but I believe its what I have.
allthough I cant get it to recieve from that kb.
it connects, but phone is not receiving anything. did you do some more steps to make that kb work?
Normal steps like manual says, pressed the small button to get it visible on device, connected phone to it, and then entered wanted pin+enter on the bt keyboard. And then matching pin on the phone side.

Quite many people forget to enter pinnumber+return-key on bt keyboard to setup trusted link. (if they don't read the manual).

If they don't do that then its just sits connected on authentication phase and end users think that their kb is broken

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-28 at 06:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I tried to install it some time ago now, but the stupid store just keep giving me errors.. (couldn't install it)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I just realized that I haven't made announcement for btinput-terminal in this forum although it has already been downloaded more than 2000 times from ovi store.
Now that You have spare time... Can You please package f1-live too to store or here?

Thank You

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

How about clicking of URLs to open them in browser? Handles for marking text while copy&paste'ing would also be great. Currently it is very difficult to make correct selection.

@rainisto: why dont you contribute your patches back to MeeGo Terminal? AFAIK, Ruslan is still accepting patches and would probably also update the MeeGo Terminal version in Nokia store if you ask nicely.

Meego terminal is not avail in ovi store (it is not com.nokia.maemo/ovi signed package) as its nokia signed core package. And as I'm also Nokia employee there are also other reasons why this patch is not in official terminal. And I'm not going into details about that.

Patch and sources are GPL, so nobody is stopping to intergrate into official package. I will not try to get this integrated nor I want to.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I just realized that I haven't made announcement for btinput-terminal in this forum although it has already been downloaded more than 4000 times from ovi store.

BTinput terminal (btinput-terminal) is a copy of meego-terminal, with one added functionality. It supports enabling and disabling of VKB (virtual keyboard).
hmm wouldn't it be possible to "disable" vkb totally in the system by writing a "dummy" vkb maliit plugin?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
hmm wouldn't it be possible to "disable" vkb totally in the system by writing a "dummy" vkb maliit plugin?
It might be also possible by faking the adequate ContextKit property.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: