Active Topics

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
I am looking for a N900!

I want to buy it, if you want to give away for a big "thank-you", your more than welcome!

Though, please make an sales offer that feels good for you! If you want EUR/USD +++, just tell me. If you want EUR/USD 1 or only the shipping costs, do so as well.

Is there a spare one around?

I enjoy using it, however the screen is totally scratched. Also the keypad looses readability (20 keys are partly or completely scratched off).

The Following User Says Thank You to scy For This Useful Post:
I intend to sell my backup N900 whenever I get around to wiping it for security. It's been years since I did this, and much has changed. So not sure when I'll get to it. But I will watch this thread to see if you have other success.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I intend to sell my backup N900 whenever I get around to wiping it for security. It's been years since I did this, and much has changed. So not sure when I'll get to it. But I will watch this thread to see if you have other success.
Thanks for your posting.

You probably know how to wipe it - but just in case, here is my documentation about how to completely setup the N900 into a new state (see this thread) (reflash it). I will do this anyhow, but understand that you would like to do it yourself.

This is how my scratched screen looks like.

Originally Posted by scy View Post
This is how my scratched screen looks like.
That keyboard...wow. Surely not your primary device?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Cripes! my wife did something like that by constantly carrying her N900 in the same purse pocket as keys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I have two working N900s, but their conditions are somehow "split".
Unfortunately, one of them has a broken micro USB port, despite it being the one i like the most (mainly because it handles overclock pretty well), and the other one has a working microUSB. HOWEVER the microUSB itself is sturdy, doesn't move an inch, but it's detection is *very* shady, needing a certain position, and I also had to cut the microUSB hooks. It also doesn't detect the standard charger, so I use a samsung charger with the nokia data cables with stripped hooks. Basically, microUSB barely works. Bleh, screw you Nokia.

Anyways, i'm not even sure if i could sell them. I also have another one, which i bought thinking it was in reasonable conditions (not-so high-quality photos) but ended up with a piece of sh*t, got scammed by the bastard.

Dunno if you're interested in any of that... I also have a 3rd one (non-working motherboard and screen is peeling off).

Not too sure on what to do, or if I'm even ready to sell that to anyone who is interested.

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
That keyboard...wow. Surely not your primary device?
we should always remember to cut our nails before using N900

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brolin...l-1184299@N24/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quck message...

My screen was peeling off, the same way, if not worse. Do not remember when and why it began. I have recently replaced it with a new screen (after LCD display was completely broken), but there was no need to change the keyboard. Yet, I need to get battery-charger and/or micro-USB-port working on N900 before I can start using it. And screen protector, of course. With full-body armor, if possible.

I need much more pockets in my coat, to avoid carrying keys, cards and phones in the same pocket.

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
we should always remember to cut our nails before using N900

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brolin...l-1184299@N24/

...damn...I thought I am the only one with titan nails. There seems to be more Krypton guys out in the wild ...

Thanks for your postings so far. Still not solved my meagre looking screen issue - with low light winter coming up, I might be able to handle a couple of more month with it. Keypad is also still on the list - I am not sure if I will be happy with an English keypad and German keymats are hard to find.

So this means:
(*) I am still looking at a replacment N900
(*) I am still checking if I can fix the partly broken stuff myself

P.S.: I sent out "private messages" for the users offering stuff, thanks!