Active Topics

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Asterisk application available from extras on my N900. Once it is installed, when I click the icon it opens the xterminal and shows the code being loaded and then gives me the asterisk cli. As per my understanding from here I will be required to edit my .conf files to make it a working application. or is there a way to use a GUI? pls correct me if i am wrong. I am used to the GUI as I have my own asterisk server running at home. my goal is to setup one or two sip/iax2 extensions and play with them. Is there any guide available to setup extensions in Asterisk on N900??

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
I haven't played with the n900 port, but it appears to be a relatively standard build of asterisk 1.6. I'd probably check on asterisk.org or do a bit of googling; there's an excellent .pdf book on asterisk that I believe is available for download.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
The asterisk packages in extras-testing are just the server bits. They don't include any graphical configuration.

Packages to do graphical configuration could be built--they would be separate packages.

What package were you using previously to configure? I've seen Flash Operator Panel or somesuch, but I haven't looked into graphical configuration since I always just use the GUI.

But even with what comes out-of-the-box you can call default@localhost and asterisk will answer

The configuration files are in /opt/asterisk/etc. Note, you edit these from another terminal (or leafpad running under root or whatever)--you don't edit them from the asterisk console.

I made the packages.

See also:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38642

Have fun.

The Following User Says Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post: