Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I was rooted, the file got moved, but the messages appeared nonetheless. I assume the operation that failed was preserving ownership and permissions since the file was moved, and not the moving of the file in itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
1. How open ( as in open source) is the calendar app? Will it be possible to change ( or perhaps with the help of an add-on) calendar layout to week grid view?

2. How good is the calendar ? Is the task app as bad as in N900?
Calendar on N9 is like someone is making a Joke of me!!!Yust My opinion!
1. I miss a lot a desktop calendar widget.
2. In a month view there is only a little dot under day, so You have to goto day to see event.
3. On my N9 is no week view.
4. Smart Birthday is NOT WORKING!!!

After such a good phone as N900 is N9 disappointment for me after a week. BUT. I'm waiting for YOU and Your excellent work to make it better!!!

And one more thing:
Weather! Disaster! if I want to see weather right now I cant look outside and not tiny icon on main screen. On N900 I had 6 days icons on main screen.

Thanks
Milko

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
If anyone would like to provide feedback regarding my applications, please use the links in my signature.

P.S It seems that the task switcher forces applications into portrait mode. At least, I haven't found a way to override it.

I would like to enable YouTube video links to be launched in cuteTube, but I'm not sure if it's possible. You can change/add mime-type associations, but I'm not sure if it's possible to use a regex (i.e. check if the url is a YouTube video link). It's something I will at least look into. The clipboard feature was something I provided in lieu of that, with the advantage that it allows to you to copy several videos at a time.
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/unsta...50ZW50YWN0aW9u

For the mime type issue.

Untested, by the way.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2011-11-06 at 15:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by slai View Post
accounts - [account you want to change] - schedual - select always up to date. for gmail at least.

is that helpful?
Yeees! Thank You.

Disaster? Jesus christ dude... Just tap the icon and there you go. If you really have such a desperate need to know what weather there will be 3 days from now that you cant even tap an icon, i really fear you need an absurd ammount of help.

Look, you knew the OS wasnt based on widgets. What did you expect?

Of course, it WOULD be cool if tapping the weather icon gave a dropdown list on the feedscreen itself showing the weeks weather, and doubletapping lauched the app, but... not a big deal for me. If I wanted widgets Id keep my SGS2.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
6. Once installed (still disconnected from the internet), connect your N9. Sync the phone and ensure that your uncheck automatic updates for Ovi suite in settings. Look in Sync, Sync options.

You're ready to go, and can re-connect ! Enjoy.
It works fine even if Ovi/Nokia Suite is updated after connecting N9 to Suite 3.0. Or at least it worked with 3.2 Beta.

Originally Posted by slai View Post
I did however get these messages:

mv: can't preserve ownership of '/home/user/MyDocs/320.conf' ; Operation not permitted
mv: can't preserve permissions of '/home/user/MyDocs/320.conf' ; Operation not permitted
MyDocs is vfat partition, just to make mass storage work on Windoof.
On vfat there are no ownership/permissions. Therefore on attempt to set one of those the application (here mv) gets an error.

Paul

Cool, thanks Paul. Would there be issues if I moved the file back to its original place?

I'm seeing updates for different apps in the Nokia store, but the phone doesn't give me an update message on the event screen.. even when I go to "manage applications" and I search for updates, nothing is found and it tells me that the phone is up to date.

How can i check if the script is running?
I can update the apps by visiting the store, but I can't always do it manually..

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Calendar on N9 is like someone is making a Joke of me!!!Yust My opinion!
1. I miss a lot a desktop calendar widget.
2. In a month view there is only a little dot under day, so You have to goto day to see event.
Um...no. If you tap on the dot/day, while in the month view, you get half the screen dedicated to the events on that day - without switching to the day view.

But, I'm guessing you already knew that.

I miss the calendar widget also - but I knew it wasn't there going in. Who knows, maybe there'll be an update that will bring upcoming events to the notifications screen.