Active Topics

One thing I miss from Harmatten is I could set the email not to check between certain hours. I am on call so I cannot kill the ringer but I would like other notifications like email to be silent.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Well, circle is one of the Sailfish icon shapes (see for example Clock, Browser and Documents icons)...
True that... Hadn't really noticed it.

But if you would like it to have some other shape, maybe I can think of something! This was just the first thing that came to mind.

Edit: Of course, the simplest thing to do would be this.
I like it. Thank you! If you have .svg version, please throw it my way. If not, doesn't matter.

I'll put this one to use when I do next update.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
One thing I miss from Harmatten is I could set the email not to check between certain hours. I am on call so I cannot kill the ringer but I would like other notifications like email to be silent.
I understand. But this is probably more suitable for Situations app or PhoneBot.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
True that... Hadn't really noticed it.

I like it. Thank you! If you have .svg version, please throw it my way. If not, doesn't matter.

I'll put this one to use when I do next update.
Cool!

I don't have an svg of it, I did it in Photoshop (partly because I reused here the system "silent" icon which is a png). I could redo it in Illustrator, but if the png suffices for now, use that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Uploaded new version to OpenRepos. It's pretty much only cosmetic changes:

- Big thanks to ssahla for Sailfish-like icon!
- Removed reference to beep profile from main application as it's not applicable in SailfishOS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Updated finally OpenRepos version. A crippled version should soon also come to Jolla Store.

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug that would cause ringing profile to be restored later than intended

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Now that that's out of the way, I want to ask opinions about this:

would you prefer the delay to restore be as it is right now, with the horizontal slider, or would you prefer to set it using the standard clock dial?

Of course the clock dial would also be to set the amount of time to wait, not the target time of day when to restore, so I'm slightly worried if it can cause confusion.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I would like the clock dial better than the slider, I think.

And maybe you may also allow both a countdown style (like now) and a set time to put the ringing back (let's say, I go to sleep, I put the phone to silent and set it to go back to ringing at 8:30, instead of "8 hours from now").

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Update available in OpenRepos (soon in Jolla store also):

- Clock dial selection for time to restore in.
- Remembers previously set restoration time (though not across reboots)

There was request(s) about setting time instead of delay when to restore. Let me know if that's still something that's needed. Personally I feel as the delay in restoring as well as concrete time is displayed as text it might be enough to satisfy both use cases - But if you feel otherwise after using the new version let me know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I've been having an issue with Ringing Restorer not running anymore after a phone reboot and/or update of the app (like this last time).
The only way I have to make it work again is to uninstall and reinstall it again.

The new dial, on the other hand, works very good.
I still think being able to also directly set the time woulf be nice, but it's less a necessity now.

Tags
sailfish os, silent ringtone