Active Topics

Notices

Hello,

First of all, I'd just like to say a big thanks to the author of Feed Circuit, not only for creating a product I use every day, but also for responding so quickly and efficiently to community feedback.

I have an issue with Feed Circuit where it gets stuck in Downloading or Parsing. It can stay in this state for over one-hour, and it will not proceed to the next feed. I would like to propose a time-out as a failsafe, so if a feed does not update within a reasonable time (15 minutes?), to cancel it and move on to the next feed.

When I press the STOP icon, the process does not really stop, and I am unable to refresh another feed without restarting FC.

When I press the X icon to close FC, the gui closes, and does not appear on the left side bar. However, feedcircuit-gui is still running in the process list (ps), and I have to kill it manually, or I can not start FC again.

Does anyone else have this kind of problem or can suggest a solution? I can post my feedlist information.

PS: Is there any way I can debug this further myself?

I am using FeedCircuit 0.7.3

I have attached my config file.

Note: this is not a common occurrance, but some days it just refuses to work. This may be related to the network driver going to sleep or something(??)
Attached Files
File Type: txt config.txt (7.9 KB, 131 views)

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I don't think I would want an automatic time-out, since some sites really do take a long time.

If this were a user-selectable option, that would be okay though...

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ New York, NY
I've been having the same problem since the last upgrade. Almost all downloads hang and I need to kill the Feedcircuit process in order to restart the GUI. This has made Feedcircuit almost useless.

I'm with the other folks here. It is only rarely that Feedcircuit (0.7.3) will process more than the first few feeds. Feedcircuit is awesome. It reminds me of Sitescooper that I used to use for my Palm. I'd be happy to help debug or help out if I can.

Hi - what is the FC process called? I have the same problem occasionally, but don't know what the process is so can't kill it!
Regards
Paul

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
I think you have to kill python2.5