Notices

Poll: Continue Development of ABOHS
Poll Options
Continue Development of ABOHS

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
AngryBirds Score Uploader
(angrybirds-score.com)

ABOHS is dead! Long live abscore!

Some of you may know this thread because there was this shiny little site where you uploaded your AngryBirds highscore and settings files and there was this guy developing a nice upload tool for this site, but the tool wasn't finished all the time.

This is the successor of ABOHS. This has no shiny little AngryBirds site with less than 15 users. This little tool uploads your highscores to angrybirds-score.com, a site with hundreds of AngryBirds players from the iWorld, that little planet where the green robot lives and many others.

Maybe you know a nice program called abscore from the Android Market. This will be the maemo version of it.

So thats your "workflow":
  1. play AngryBirds with maemo, iPhone, Android or whatever you have
  2. start your AngryBirds Upload tool i.e. this one if you are on Maemo/Symbian/Windows
  3. upload your highscores and compare them to players all over the world
  4. try to beat them all!
I think you got the idea.

Supported platforms

The main platform of this app is Maemo. But there will be more in the future:
  • Maemo
  • Symbian
  • Windows XP/7

Current version

URL: http://abscore.makesyouhappy.org/
Bugs: http://bugs.makesyouhappy.org/
GIT: https://gitorious.org/abscore

Last edited by XenGi; 2011-06-16 at 22:11. Reason: changelog updated

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
It's a good idea I think...

Thanks .

[UPDATE] New Features

Highscore tables for every level

I finished the work on the single level ranking. Now you can see your rank and score on every single level. At the moment there are only 4 users registered and only 2 has uploaded there highscores. Thats good after only 2 days I think.
I hope there will be more users in the next days, so tell everyone you know.

Statistics

I've added a site called stats to view some information like how many users are registered or the average score and so on. I will add more stuff that could be interesting in the future. Any ideas?

FAQ

For know it is a bit complicated to upload your highscores file so I added the FAQ site with useful information how to do stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You should have a look to this website : http://angrybirds-score.com !

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
I would be lovely if there is no registration requirement. An N900 native application could post the highscore with phone hardware specific identifier like IMEI number.

Originally Posted by JuanSeb View Post
You should have a look to this website : http://angrybirds-score.com !
I don't knew that there is a site for highscores already. But you have to enter your scores by hand and thats not so cool, so I will continue the work on my site as an alternative. something like the "maemo.org leage".

Originally Posted by niloy View Post
I would be lovely if there is no registration requirement. An N900 native application could post the highscore with phone hardware specific identifier like IMEI number.
I'm working on that kind of app atm. But I think the idea of grabbing the imei or something hardware specific is no good idea. Setting a username is the better way I think because you can identify a score with a name.
The same name like the user has on maemo.org would be the best choice in my opinion.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Looks pretty good!

Didnt know my scores weren't that bad. And how do you know if someone edit's his highscore file?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Looks pretty good!

Didnt know my scores weren't that bad. And how do you know if someone edit's his highscore file?
You dont. You trust people here are honest enough to not bother.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
You dont. You trust people here are honest enough to not bother.
Hmm, That sucks.
Always have the experience that when I look at the top 10 of a game that I see people with a score of 99999999.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Hmm, That sucks.
Always have the experience that when I look at the top 10 of a game that I see people with a score of 99999999.
Tends to happen a lot with flash games.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox