Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
well. i think you should read 1st post and check aegis-install hack link.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
No. What repository contains hack-installer package? When I try to install with apt-get, I get the error: "Couldn't find package hack-installer"
Read the 1st post in this thread again, the 2nd link it refers to is the relevant thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90638

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I probably made a stupid mistake,...or forgot to read a warning somewhere.

I installed your deb file, and installed some system-ui widgets. But I did "apt-get dist-upgrade" and then, my N9 began to remove all Harmattan packages.

Any idea how to get the packages back without having to reflash the phone?

Thanks.

Last edited by romu; 2013-08-12 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi,
I probably made a stupid mistake,...or forgot to read a warning somewhere.

I install your deb file, and installed some system-ui widgets. But I did "apt-get dist-upgrade" and then, my N9 began to remove all Harmattan packages.

Any idea how to get the packages back without having to reflash the phone?

Thanks.
I don't ever do 'apt-get dist-upgrade' until I've read what packages (if any) are going to be removed... I know if I try on my N9 right now, it wants to remove the main harmattan package for a twitter upgrade...

Do you happen to have a list of the packages it removed? Then an 'apt-get install <package names>' should do the trick.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I don't ever do 'apt-get dist-upgrade' until I've read what packages (if any) are going to be removed...
Yes, I should have read before tapping "y". I can't access the list anymore, the phone doesn't start, it stays blocked on the "Nokia" logo.

I'm thinking you're going to have to reflash. I don't think there's any way to really terminal into it, since there isn't exactly a serial port on it to get to a tty..

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Yes, that's what I'm doing right now. Fortunately, I can reflash! Thanks for your help.

No problem, good luck. I still need to figure out why twitter wants to remove the rest of the OS. But that's completely off-topic here

slaapliedje

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@slaapliedje because of mp-harmattan metapackage, obliviously. Read my posts on N9QT thread, i suggested easy way to disable autoremove and free packages from mp-harmattan.

Thanks! Yeah, that's the one. I just haven't had the time to look into it. I'll check it out.

Tags
coderus, harmattan, repository, trusted