Hi guys, I was just ran into an issue with the hotspot. I have downloaded spotOn to unlock hotspot availability in the US. However, when i was trying to use it just now, it does successfully set up a network but with no data transfers (upload/download both at 0) and I cannot find the network with either my laptop or my tablet. Does anyone else have a similar issue? Is there a fix to it?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Data transfer is 0 until you have a device connected to the hotspot.

What kind of tablet you're using? Android devices will not see Ad-Hoc network unless you root it and modify a config file (only 1 line). iPhone and iPad should be able to see it.

I'm not sure why your laptop cannot see it unless it has the same restriction.

I had my N8 running joikuspot/ad-hoc and had my 808 connected to it over WiFi and I was running slacker radio on my mobile data connection and downloading files with the web browser on the ad-hoc/joikuspot connection at the same time? ?? I thought ad-hoc and cellular connections were not allowed in the US and no, joikuspot does not work on my 808.

Originally Posted by Scrub50187 View Post
I thought ad-hoc and cellular connections were not allowed in the US and no, joikuspot does not work on my 808.
Ad-hoc is not banned in the US. The reason the N9 and 808 have ad-hoc disabled in the US relates to a law about SAR rating. Apparently these two phones spike beyond a SAR threshold when used to create an ad-hoc network and that is why the feature is disabled.