Notices

Is there an option to keep the screen on? If not would it also be possible to a toogle to keep the screen on?

Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mikee805 View Post
Is there an option to keep the screen on? If not would it also be possible to a toogle to keep the screen on?

Thanks,
Mike
change the Backlight setting to on.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikee805 View Post

Thanks,
Mike
Click on the little wrench icon top right.

Set back light on to "on".
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Next release will be coming in about a month (I have been already working on it for the past 3 weeks) and will not have any visual changes.
I currently doing a lot of work to port the "hardcoded linux" (files handling, network access, threading, etc...) parts to be Qt so I will be able to port it much easier to any platform that support Qt (like Blackberry, WinCE, Windows, Desktop Linux, etc...). Since next release will contain a lot of changes to the application foundations, I will not recommend installing it and will consider it as an alpha release as it probably be stable at times.

After that alpha release I will start making some visual changes, making the entire UI QML based: Changing fonts sizes, improving visual performance, larger dialogs, etc... That will be known as a beta release which will include fixes to issues found in the alpha release. (targeted as 2 months from now)

Consequent releases will have fixes and additions of stuff I am able to hack from Waze 3.0 as currently its code is closed.

Sit tight, it might take some time...

@Gianko - you are not forgotten.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post

@Gianko - you are not forgotten.
thanks! i hope rewriting the network layer will fix the segfault.
i will wait for the recompiled Waze in debug mode so maybe we can find the issue.

ps:maybe is useless, but i fixed the location fix in the latest version of cloudgps launching the app with the command: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm11/lib /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps

Pretty neat program. A few things:
1) Is there any way to stop Waze from pausing my background music? I turned off voice navigation to try to stop this only to have every button press pause my music too.
2) Failing that, is there any way to turn the sound completely off?
3) Likes to crash
4) A lot of side streets in my area are marked as one-way. I fixed a few.
5) The new user prompts for username and password auto capitalize the first letter. Not a huge problem, but the both the username and password appear to be case sensitive. It caused me some consternation when I tried to log in on the website with "legoman666" Apparently I had t type "Legoman666".

Good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Pretty neat program. A few things:
1) Is there any way to stop Waze from pausing my background music? I turned off voice navigation to try to stop this only to have every button press pause my music too.
2) Failing that, is there any way to turn the sound completely off?
3) Likes to crash
4) A lot of side streets in my area are marked as one-way. I fixed a few.
5) The new user prompts for username and password auto capitalize the first letter. Not a huge problem, but the both the username and password appear to be case sensitive. It caused me some consternation when I tried to log in on the website with "legoman666" Apparently I had t type "Legoman666".

Good work.
1+2) Currently there is no way to turn the sound completely off and the background audio stopping other application sounds is a well known issue for Meego Harmattan (if it happened for N900 maybe it originates from Qt...). You might want to try and rename click.mp3 to click_ignore.mp3 under ~/MyDocs/.waze/sounds/<your lang>/ and maybe that will help (didn't test it, just a thought...)
3) Known issue for now...
4) This is up to the local Waze region admin, fixing those personally is well advised
5) Thanks, I will see if there is something I can do about it as the input is written in QML (v1.0) and AFAIK there is no way to control the inputted text.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Is this of any use for the audio issue?
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ce=twitterfeed

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
1+2) Currently there is no way to turn the sound completely off and the background audio stopping other application sounds is a well known issue for Meego Harmattan (if it happened for N900 maybe it originates from Qt...). You might want to try and rename click.mp3 to click_ignore.mp3 under ~/MyDocs/.waze/sounds/<your lang>/ and maybe that will help (didn't test it, just a thought...)
3) Known issue for now...
4) This is up to the local Waze region admin, fixing those personally is well advised
5) Thanks, I will see if there is something I can do about it as the input is written in QML (v1.0) and AFAIK there is no way to control the inputted text.

Future support for portrait planned? Not really thrilled with the landscape orientation...

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Landscape is the best!