Active Topics

Notices

Mouse works, but cursor is invisible on desktop. When running fheroes2 or supertux it is visible, however. Rebooting didn't help.
After I disconnected the mouse, It was very hard to connect it back, however I did it. Cursor still invisible.
Deleting and reinstalling Mouse Support, multiple reboots - no effect.

I am quite satisfied with the way it works (all 3 mouse buttons and scrolling wheel fully functional everywhere, even in MicroB). except I would really like a simple widget to turn mouse cursor visibility on and off and NOT doing anything else, e.g. conflicting with extmou. Is there any?

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-02-23 at 08:40.

Huh, that's definitely strange - I thought that extmou enables cursor as soon as it's detected? I have a keyboard without trackball (just normal USB keyboard), that is detected as keyboard+mouse combo, and makes cursor appear. Maybe extmou "thinks" that your mouse is keyboard? :shocked:

Also, what do you mean by "all three buttons and wheel are working in microB"? For me, microB is only one progrfam, where using external mouse for clicking fails (no matter if using "cursor mode" in microB, or not). This and some pop-up dialogs doesn't seem to accept mouse input.

/Estel

// Edit
You may try to replace (backup original file, first) the /usr/share/icons/default/cursors/transpwith a non-transparent cursor file and se if it works for you. Although, it shouldn't be necessary while using [b]extmou]/b], and certainly isn't in my case.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-02-23 at 18:52.

Guess I was too fast on reporting mouse in MicroB work... it was a random fluctuation or (more likely) I was drunk. Bookmarks folder & navigation toolbar seem to work with mouse, though. I happened to activate zoom somehow and on some actions page scrolls up but that's it. And in mouse mode nothing works, however I do see the cursor in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by orde View Post
please help me
I want to install application on my mobile that when its finished and restart my mobile use mouse to operate my mobile without using touch option I installed libxmuu1 and extmou but its not work after that I installed linux kernel for power user it dosnt work and even the mouse light didn't turned on
Hello

Have you installed h-e-n previous before installing mouse support?
To my opinion you have to install h-e-n. From h-e-n try different speed modes. Experimentally i identified that not all devices boot up, power up in each speed mode in our case mouse turns it's laser led on.
Than you should press enumerate. I might be mistaken but enumerate don't always from start find device (mouse). Maybe you should press enumerate once again.

p.s.
I have another problem. I can't install package at all
extkbd installed and working fine.
I receive:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
extmou: Depends: libxmuu1 (>= 1.0.4-1) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

There is only libxmuu-dev In development repository on 5th august 2014, no libxmuu.
I understated that there is libxmu6 that is lighter version of libxmuu, correct?
It is installed (which app installed it I don't know)
What I should do in this case?
Thank you

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
try here http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...xmuu1/1.0.4-1/
I downloaded and tried to install it.
libxmuu1_1.0.4-1_armel.deb
And I receive conflict. In package preferences I see: "incompatible application package".
In log when I try to install it I see:
Package must have "Section: user/FOO" to be considered compatibile

edited:
-----------

dpkg -i libxmuu1_1.0.4-1_armel.deb
it rules packages installed

Last edited by Cyberik; 2014-08-05 at 02:19.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Cyberik, make sure you have Fremantle SSU 203 (Nokia System Software Updates) or Fremantle SSU Apps (Nokia Applications) enabled.

The incompatible package is probably caused by installing libxmuu1 without its dependencies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Pichlo thank you

But I managed to install libxmuu1 successfully. I installed it by typing dpkg -i libxmuu1_1.0.4-1_armel.deb. Package were downloaded here

In "faster application manager" for example i have now:
libxmu6 (2:1.0.4-1); libxmuu1 (2:1.0.4-1); libxml2 (2.6.32.dfsg-5maemo4+0m5); h-e-n (USB Hostmode GUI) (0.4-1); extkbd (1.0.3); xkb-data-extkbd (1.8-1-2m5); extmou (1.0.6); (no bluetroth-scripts which conflicts with extmou as it were wrote in this topic)
And of course:
Linux kernel for power user (1:2.6.28-10power52); Linux kernel for power user (settings and overclock) (0.17); kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power52); kernel-power-modules (1:2.6.28-10power52)
kernel (2.6.28-20103103+0m5); kernel-maemo (2.6.28-maemo19); kernel-modules (2.6.28-20103103+0m5); kernel-modules-maemo (2.6.28-maemo19)
in about window (setting menu) I have: 20.2010.36-2 version

External usb keyboard works fine thru usb otg.
I haven't tuned language preferences yet but I think keyboard support works fine. I now have "External Keyboard" icon in Nokia N900 settings menu, but I don't have any new external mouse icon in settings.
I don't have "MouseCursor" icon like someone in this video
In fact, it seems nothing happened after installing libxmuu1 and extmou. Reboots were made after each install.
No cursor appears when external usb mouse connected and enumerated. I tried with 2 different usb mouses. Laser led started working and that's all.

Please explain more in detail what have to be enabled, and what have to be updated.
As I understand, "Nokia System Software Updates" points to https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0
distr "./"
and "Nokia Applications" points to https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/
distr "./"
Sorry for this maybe stupid question, but isn't it unsafe to enable this two repositories?
As I know "repository.maemo.org" where given to community but "downloads.maemo" is still sub-domain of nokia.com, server under Nokia jurisdiction. Correct?
Is it still safe to download something from that two repositories?
Are they maintained by community now?

What most frightens me that if I get some system update when I enable these two repositories and I update my phone, is it possible that I have my phone "bricked'?
Yes, I flashed phone several times till now already and I can't do it on any of my computers, only on one of them.
I use phone very often. It's real inconvenient if phone stops working only because installing some app and having to update some libraries (especially kernel) because of that app.
My kernel, updates, etc. which I have installed on my phone I wrote in the start of this post.

Have someone idea what I have to do next for enabling mouse to work?
And what will be good idea to do so I don't get this conflicts, incompatibilities often in future?
Which kernel vanilla image, etc. to flash my phone?
I maybe mistaken, but not all flash images are the same versions because of language (phone localization).

Thank you

Last edited by Cyberik; 2014-08-05 at 23:35.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Cyberik View Post
As I understand, "Nokia System Software Updates" points to https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0
distr "./"
The last bit of the URL is 203 in mine, not mr0. I don't remember what the stock setting was. I think mine got changed to 203 on one of the system updates.

and "Nokia Applications" points to https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/
distr "./"
Sorry for this maybe stupid question, but isn't it unsafe to enable this two repositories?
As you correctly note, Nokia owns and hosts them and can pull the plug at any moment and there is little we can do about it. From that point of view, it may be considered "unsafe". Other than that, it is more unsafe not to have those repositories enabled. If you read the CSSU installation instructions, they ask you explicitly to enable the Nokia repositories.

What most frightens me that if I get some system update when I enable these two repositories and I update my phone, is it possible that I have my phone "bricked'?
Any system update has the potential to brick your phone. Having said that, the chance of Nokia releasing a Maemo system update is exactly zero. The last such update was in 2010. If your system is older than that then it is very advisable to update it - just once - anyway.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The last bit of the URL is 203 in mine, not mr0. I don't remember what the stock setting was. I think mine got changed to 203 on one of the system updates.
mr0 will be the Global variant and 203 the UK variant.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Any system update has the potential to brick your phone. Having said that, the chance of Nokia releasing a Maemo system update is exactly zero. The last such update was in 2010. If your system is older than that then it is very advisable to update it - just once - anyway.
Yes agreed, CSSU Stable is recommended for all N900 users.
There are important security updates and bugfixes in there.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2021 @ Poland
I installed extmou from extras-devel, but N900 still can't detect my BT mouse... It's in pairing mode, but N900 doesn't see it, even after reboot
Via USB - the same, it just doesn't detects the USB receiver
https://t.me/maemomeegoapps