Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
depending on his results he may have to flash eMMC too, as I stated!
well its up to the op. dont want to fight about this.
just want to have the warning out: flashing the firmware and not just the kernel, you might loose data. so i suggest don't use a firmware image. use a kernelimage instead, so you know which kernel you install and flash it with the -k option. and try that with any kernel you had on the system.

only if that doesn't work head for a firmware update.

guys i Had the last titan's kernel then I took it of and went back to the original one . .
after that I turned of my phone for the first time it's giving me this problem!

I'm trying to download the flasher and the last firmware but it gives me always error :-(

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by lunat View Post
well its up to the op. dont want to fight about this.
just want to have the warning out: flashing the firmware and not just the kernel, you might loose data. so i suggest don't use a firmware image. use a kernelimage instead, so you know which kernel you install and flash it with the -k option. and try that with any kernel you had on the system.

only if that doesn't work head for a firmware update.
not sure we're on the same page, sorry if that came accross as abbrupt.

flashing just the kernel is a great idea if the OP is up to that, which is why I suggested flashing firmware, this will not erase data, only installed programs.

flashing the emmc will erase data, I advised this only if flashing firmware didnt work, this would be the case if the OP was still on PR1.1.1 as PR1.2 and 3 require a different emmc image and the device still may not boot, if this were the case, the only solution would be to flash the emmc.

kernel and firmware are 2 different things, emmc is another entirely separate thing.

Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
guys i Had the last titan's kernel then I took it of and went back to the original one . .

I'm trying to download the flasher and the last firmware but it gives me always error :-(
so download the titan kernel, if necessary open the deb an take out the kernel(using ar and tar).

then use you flasher:

flasher-3.5 -f -k yourkernelimage

it will say that it has no suitable device so you take out the battery from your phone and disconnect it from the usb.
put the battery back in and plug in the usb.
and see how the phone starts and gets flushed.

if it worked well do a
flasher-3.5 --reboot

and see if it comes up with the kernel.

if it doesn't flash try to fiddle with the order of taking out the battery and usb and putting it back.

if the kernel dosn't work try the maemo-omap1 kernel and repeat the procedure.
hth

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post

the site is down for now so u won't be able to download

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
not sure we're on the same page,entirely separate thing.
thing is two post below you i stated if he flashes only the kernel he won't lose data. now you came with the post about flashing firmware. so it was important to me to make clear that this is a different issue.

if he had the omap kernel you may be right that it is the same as on the image if he had on the other hand the titan kernel that was working than it is different.

but like i said: it is completely up to the op and this is not about fighting you its just for the obove mentiond thing that i told he won't lose data and with the firmware he might(at least software). i just wanted to have the warning out.

Mine would not switch on or charge - I didnt need to flash it or plug it into my pc - I I just took the battery out and the put it back in whilst keeping U pressed down on the keyboard

Mine worked doing this

Originally Posted by lunat View Post
so download the titan kernel, if necessary open the deb an take out the kernel(using ar and tar).

then use you flasher:

flasher-3.5 -f -k yourkernelimage

it will say that it has no suitable device so you take out the battery from your phone and disconnect it from the usb.
put the battery back in and plug in the usb.
and see how the phone starts and gets flushed.

if it worked well do a
flasher-3.5 --reboot

and see if it comes up with the kernel.

if it doesn't flash try to fiddle with the order of taking out the battery and usb and putting it back.

if the kernel dosn't work try the maemo-omap1 kernel and repeat the procedure.
hth

Please seeing that I never did it,could you explain to me step by step?

where do I get the titan s kernel<

and where the flasher to use it?it workns on windows 64?

thanks

the server is down. sry can't help that.

hello Guys the server is now working

i downloaded and installed the flasher and the last pr 1.3 USA,instead of installing on my laptop windows 64 i used the one of my gf with windows 32

i start the flasher

press the u key the phne is connected as usb paste the comand

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin

press enter

then a new window come up for few second and disappear

what did I do wrong??

thanks