Notices

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I didn't uninstall Simple FMTXD Widget and it still work? I forgot about it. Also when you type killall fmtxd...it says no process killed or something....is that fine?
If it works you're Okey doke.

The advice to uninstall first was given to ensure nothing was calling up fmtxd. Killall does the same thing but is sometimes harder to explain to those unfamiliar with the command line. Besides these other apps and widgets won't be needed anyway if every thing works as planned and you have also installed qwerty12's status bar clone.

And before someone jumps in to say that those unfamiliar with the CLI shouldn't be doing this well, I believe that maxximuscool did a fine job in bringing this to everyones attention and spending the time explaining and demonstrating the procedure in this thread.
Unfortunately, sometimes that's not always the case. In any event the advice was given to help reduce potential failures by those attracted to this wonderful feature.

With everything working well you should be able to listen to a podcast, net radio station, or whatever playlist you have on the N900 through your vehicles stereo on your way home from a long day of work at Spacely Sprockets. When you get home and park you can push a button on your N900 and continue listening using the device itself as you walk into your humble abode.

As Rosy the maid gets the mail for you she can turn on the home stereo tuned to the same station. After greeting your boy Elroy, daughter Judy, and Jane your wife you can push the same button on the N900, plug it into the charger, and continue listening through the home system while you read the dang mail... and all without missing a beat.

What a life, eh?

I don't know of any other device that can do this so easily using any type of connection.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-08-21 at 04:29. Reason: Linkage added

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
damn you guys are stupid. read to which comment I replied about FCC reporting.

(hint: there maxximuscool made a new statement that messing with frequencies won't do you any harm)

so which one we should believe? initial warning or later comment that says there will be no problems?

the problem here is that some people give engouraging advice but won't stand behind their words if they are wrong. that is why I am here writing warnings.

(and as I said, some laws about reserved frequencies can be really unrealistic for your eyes)
I'm one of the stupid people too, so could you enlighten me about something? Why are you such an expert on the serious consequences of violating US law? How long did you spend in the US? Or have you studied US law where you are?

I found this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43395 by Qwerty12. This guy is genius Basically you dont even need FMTX widged and FM-transmitter always visibly on the status menu. All you need is just overwrite original fmtx_status_menu_item.so with qwerty's
Dont forget to backup original file in case some goes wrong .....

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Oh seriously some members here really should enable some more of their brain cells, you take the whole topic way too serious.

The N900 has a FM transmitter with a few nW and even "tuned" it wouldn't be able to disturb ANY signal out there. You may can disturb your TV if you hold it near your TV antenna but except that its not able to take any influence on the public signals.

So I guess most of you are simply joking or the public transmitters in the US are really that weak, they may should use German products instead

If we would talk about tuned "real" transmitter hers with several Watts of strength I could get your point, but a mobile phone with 0,0000...W is a joke compared to the public transmitters. That is also one of the reasons why nobody would be able to trace you, the signals is simply too weak!

P.S: Don't forget to mod also the receiver

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-08-21 at 04:37.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Oh seriously some members here really should enable some more of their brain cells, you take the whole topic way too serious.

The N900 has a FM transmitter with a few nW and even "tuned" it wouldn't be able to disturb ANY signal out there. You may can disturb your TV if you hold it near your TV antenna but except that its not able to take any influence on the public signals.

So I guess most of you are simply joking or the public transmitters in the US are really that weak, they may should use German products instead

If we would talk about tuned "real" transmitter hers with several Watts of strength I could get your point, but a mobile phone with 0,0000...W is a joke compared to the public transmitters. That is also one of the reasons why nobody would be able to trace you, the signals is simply too weak!

P.S: Don't forget to mod also the receiver
I immediately mod'd mine with a 100w Linear Amplifier. Took it out of my 1977 Trans Am left over from my Smoky and the Bandit days.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
You sons of *****ES!
Got me all excited for nothin! My car's radio (California) doesn't go below 87Mh! But THANKS so much!

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Just getting into the 87's helps a lot!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Swirnoff View Post
You sons of *****ES!
Got me all excited for nothin! My car's radio (California) doesn't go below 87Mh! But THANKS so much!
All modern radio's have a option to change the region to "Asia", then its possible to receive frequencies below 87,5 MHz.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
can someone please come up with a way to make this transmit phone calls at the same time?

that would be great...because if you have a bluetooth...or headset...its a no go...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
can someone please come up with a way to make this transmit phone calls at the same time?

that would be great...because if you have a bluetooth...or headset...its a no go...
It can be possible but why would you want a phone call going through your FM lol. Don't you know that other people may spying on you while you're talking to your girl friend during the mid night phone sex in the car afterwork?

I believe someone will come up with a hack but I would just bluetooth and then FM it

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm