Active Topics

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Just rebought an N900. Was quite a whizz on it in 2009/10.

I have got CSSU Stable on it and repos for extras, extras-testing, extras-devel

I have tried to install ScummVM and Tweetian.

Both fail as they can't find some files such as libflac, libmad0 etc

On the ScummVM wiki it says these files are in testing and devel, but I cannot find them at all anywhere.

Where am I going wrong??

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
[...]
Where am I going wrong??
Don't know. Google no longer your friend?

http://maemo.org/packages/view/libmad0/

http://maemo.org/packages/view/libflac-dev/

http://maemo.org/packages/view/libc6-dev/

Etc.

Last edited by anthonie; 2014-01-25 at 12:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I did Google a lot yesterday but kept getting links to My-Maemo for the FLAC one and various forum topics rather than direct links.

I thought they should show up in App Manager though with those repos enabled?

I keep getting incompatible application package for all the ones I need to install.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
What usually works is to simply google the package name and add maemo to your search string. Id est: searching for libc6 and maemo will return an address like maemo.org/packages/view/libc6/‎.

Provided you have the correct repo's enabled in HAM or FAPMan it should work there too. But the default app manager (HAM) is so terribly slow I prefer the command line above anything else.

Edit: Typo's (Not used to my new steelseries keyboard just yet)

Last edited by anthonie; 2014-01-25 at 13:57.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You seem to miss the basic understanding in installing applications.
The additional libraries are hidden in HildonApplicationManager (HAM) totally and hidden in FasterApplicationManager (FAM) by default. You could make them visible in FAM in the categories view, but to install any application will pull the dependency libraries automatically in both managing apps.
Because pure command-line tool apt-get will pull in those libraries, which those manager use in the background.

If you try to manually install packages, you must not use any file manager by clicking(tapping) at the icon of the downloaded .deb package, but use the X-Terminal application, gain root rights via some packages, that allow you to, and use dpkg command-line tool.

Long story(sorry for the bla,bla),short: Your repository setting seem to be incorrect. You could post it here for others to check. Please paste the output of the terminal command
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post: