Notices

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
@gidzzz could you check for me why bluetooth headset goes two tracks ahead when "next" button is pressed on headset. The same is with "previous" button, player goes back not one song (or even beginning of the song) but two songs back. It's quite annoying. And i noticed that it's not pausing music when call is made or answered.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I'd really like this beauty to behave like Qspot.
If I longpress a song I can view the whole folder/album.
Very nice when shuffeling the songs.
Folderview in general would be nice I think.

Just throwing out ideas here.

Great job anyhow

The Following User Says Thank You to datjomp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
@gidzzz could you check for me why bluetooth headset goes two tracks ahead when "next" button is pressed on headset. The same is with "previous" button, player goes back not one song (or even beginning of the song) but two songs back.
Strange, I thought OMP has nothing to do with headsets... I don't have one for tests, so can you choose in the settings to "Do nothing" on exit and see what happens when you start a song, close the player and then skip a track?

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
If I longpress a song I can view the whole folder/album.
Sounds interesting.

Hi thanks for all the hard work but i really miss one feature and it frustrates me quite a bit is there any chance of rearranging the playlist by recently added songs first like when i add new songs at the moment they are arranged by tittle name hence all over the couple of thousands i already have but if some how i can press the arrange button so i can have it as recently added and list would change to the dates files were added in so i can listen to all my newly added songs easily! please

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Gidzz, thanx mate! it's now my offecil music player
but why the double click?

EDIT: ok I think I found it!

Last edited by K9999; 2011-10-15 at 07:32. Reason: found it!!

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Strange, I thought OMP has nothing to do with headsets... I don't have one for tests, so can you choose in the settings to "Do nothing" on exit and see what happens when you start a song, close the player and then skip a track?
Yesterday i thought about it and already checked it, after closing omp buttons work ok, so i think it is problem that one track is skipped by mafw (or something like that, i don't know exactly what is responsible playing music so don't kill me ) and second by omp so the easiest way to solve it would be to remove some code lines from omp but i couldn't find this part of code on gitorious.

EDIT: idea with "smaller" album art is great but you can make it even smaller, because the list still is small.
And why OMP is not using n900 language packs? Of course it's not a problem for me to understand things like "music" or "now playing" but it can look just better.

What gives FMTX override checks in UI?

Last edited by pawelstryju; 2011-10-15 at 07:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
How about a text view for videos instead of only thumbnail view?

And could you implement shortcuts like mplayer? Ex: left/right arrows = seek 10 secs, and up/down arrow = seek 60 secs. And also important a command to switch audio streams for mkvs.

You could also add a settings pane where user may configure if to stretch the video.

The Following User Says Thank You to maemouser1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi thanks for all the hard work but i really miss one feature and it frustrates me quite a bit is there any chance of rearranging the playlist by recently added songs first like when i add new songs at the moment they are arranged by tittle name hence all over the couple of thousands i already have but if some how i can press the arrange button so i can have it as recently added and list would change to the dates files were added in so i can listen to all my newly added songs easily! please
You can rearrange a playlist by selecting and dragging a track (one and half "click" ), you also have the automatic "recently added" playlist to listen the last 30 tracks you added to your device.

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
I wonder if by "playlist" you mean the "All songs" view? zdanee's solution might be what you're looking for. In case 30 songs are not enough, I think I'll make the number configurable.

Yesterday i thought about it and already checked it, after closing omp buttons work ok, so i think it is problem that one track is skipped by mafw (or something like that, i don't know exactly what is responsible playing music so don't kill me ) and second by omp so the easiest way to solve it would be to remove some code lines from omp but i couldn't find this part of code on gitorious.
You were right, check this out: http://gitorious.org/~gidzzz/qt-medi...ow.cpp#line736. If you need help compiling, let me know. I wounder if that function can be dropped, or do you have something else installed that takes care of bluetooth headsets?

Can anyone confirm/deny pawelstryju's report?

And why OMP is not using n900 language packs? Of course it's not a problem for me to understand things like "music" or "now playing" but it can look just better.
Last time I changed the language to play with translations, clock was reset, phone locked by My Nokia screen, and since then I'm not eager to try it once again. Maybe I'll force myself this weekend.

What gives FMTX override checks in UI?
It disables the notification that the transmitter can't be turned on if you have something in the headphone jack. I've read that it's useful with fmtxd, but I don't have it installed, so I cannot answer first-hand.

Originally Posted by maemouser1 View Post
How about a text view for videos instead of only thumbnail view?
Categories view, when it's finished, will probably have something like that, maybe with tiny thumbnails on each row.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Go to the setting from the titlebar menu of the main window and check the appropriate option.
Sorry, but I guess something is wrong here.
My main windows has only 2 media player settings wich are: "On Media Player exit:" and "Override FMTX checks in UI".

Nothing else...

In Music or Now Playing view there is no "Settings"-Option in the menu. ?

Another strange thing is, even after removing mediaplayer from /usr/local/bin and re-installing with the script the "About" option is showing Build Date: Apr 13 2011 21:58:31

Any ideas what went wrong?

Edit: After using omp_20111014.tar.gz from gidzzz it's working.
Strange that the update script does not.

And another question is, does anyone knows why my mediaplayer in /usr/bin is a symbolic link pointing to /usr/bin/maemo-invoker?
What is maemo-invoker???

Greetz,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2011-10-15 at 13:43.

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse