Does anyone else find the size of the buttons on the alarm and reminder screens too small??

I mean, the alert takes over the whole screen yet only gives tiny buttons close to each other.

I have trouble in the morning aiming close enough to the snooze for this alarm to be trustworthy

I don't mind the size of the buttons, but the touch area of each should definitely be larger.

OTOH, trying to focus on that little rectangle definitely wakes you up a lot faster.

Edit: so, let's file a suggestion for improvement?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
I agree... too small and too near each other...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impact View Post
I don't mind the size of the buttons, but the touch area of each should definitely be larger.

OTOH, trying to focus on that little rectangle definitely wakes you up a lot faster.

Edit: so, let's file a suggestion for improvement?
hmmm, if we are making the touch area larger, why not also make the graphic larger?

The point of the snooze button is to NOT focus and NOT wake up...yet.

anyway, I hope, at least for the clock alarms, the snooze could be at least a few times larger than the dismiss as it is on real life alarm clocks. Perhaps also on the opposite side of the alarm and in different color to avoid confusion. For all of the delicious UI goodness in so-called 'swipe ui', I find this little bit annoying and discordant to the whole.

Last edited by quipper8; 2012-01-24 at 18:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I agree with you.
Although, for the snooze i press the power button.

PS: I snooze alot, it is very useful - you can even say too easy..

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
hmmm, if we are making the touch area larger, why not also make the graphic larger?

The point of the snooze button is to NOT focus and NOT wake up...yet.

anyway, I hope, at least for the clock alarms, the snooze could be at least a few times larger than the dismiss as it is on real life alarm clocks. Perhaps also on the opposite side of the alarm and in different color to avoid confusion. For all of the delicious UI goodness in so-called 'swipe ui', I find this little bit annoying and discordant to the whole.
So you going to lodge an enhancement request, & put it in your sig for others to vote etc?
I don't see it is a big issue personally, but if you do, you need to let Nokia devs & others know.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-25 at 17:19.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So you going to lodge an enhancement request, & put it in your sig for others to vote etc?
I don't see it is a big issue personally, but if you do, you need to let Nokia devs & others know.
nah, I am just gonna b*tch about it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
nah, I am just gonna b*tch about it.
Cool. If it works for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
No need!
Somebody filed a bug in bugzilla and it's been fixed in PR1.2 (buttons are now double size)
Carry on...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
**** yes! I'm tired of it! How many times i pressed the wrong button! Definitely we have to file a bug to fix this ASAP! Who want to be volunteer for it?