Active Topics

Looks like Microsoft shut another popular Nokia service down - Internet Radio don't work anymore. Unlike the Symbian app in Meego the app close immediately after the splash screen, so become useless. Thanks for that Microsoft, you really suxx. I need any other good app to play internet radio, any ideas?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kurana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by kurana View Post
Looks like Microsoft shut another popular Nokia service down - Internet Radio don't work anymore. Unlike the Symbian app in Meego the app close immediately after the splash screen, so become useless. Thanks for that Microsoft, you really suxx. I need any other good app to play internet radio, any ideas?
Really?
Just tried, works fine here on N9

Edit: saved stations work, all other services no longer available

Last edited by MarcAnton; 2014-06-04 at 15:29.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Dead here

Originally Posted by Greendts View Post
Dead here

Here on my N8 is dead too =/
In another forum, they said they could still listen to the manually added stations. I don't know even how to add it. Can anyone confirm that it works?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Another one bites the dust:

Originally Posted by felipe_hpc View Post
Here on my N8 is dead too =/
In another forum, they said they could still listen to the manually added stations. I don't know even how to add it. Can anyone confirm that it works?
You can add a station manually by choosing the 'Go to station' menu option. You can then enter the address for stream and the station name. Manually added stations will still work, because the Nokia Internet Radio service is just a database of stations. The closure of the service doesn't affect the streaming functions.

Maybe it's time for me to finish my own internet radio application:

My website

GitHub

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
On my Nokia N9 it's dying suddenly after "Connected" :/

MS are real suckers..

Nokia 5110 --> Nokia 3210 --> Nokia 8210 --> Nokia 7250i --> Nokia 6500 Slide --> Nokia N97 mini --> Nokia N9 --> BB Z30 --> Jolla C

Try sailwave on jolla, it is a good alternative

Originally Posted by Jaracz View Post
On my Nokia N9 it's dying suddenly after "Connected" :/

MS are real suckers..
same here, any way i can get in to it and add manual station?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
wtf. Tried to get it running for 10 min. Unintalled and cant find it again...whats wrong with nokia?

edit: there is another internet radio. But not as good as tunein.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-06-04 at 17:11.

I don't think there's a way to manually add stations on the N9 app, probably a Symbian feature!

However, I did notice that all my "Favorites" still work. And all the stations from my "History" still worked, so I quickly went ahead and added the ones from History to Favorites.

If anyone can find out where these Favorites are saved, may be we can add more manually?

Marxian, I think you should release your app I am a regular CuteTube and MusiKloud user and they're stellar applications!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post: