Active Topics

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
i need tha map of iran

please add it

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

I tried downloading the USA East map onto my device, it seems installed, since I can use it, but when I try to search for an address, it keeps coming back to me as address not found, more like "Can't find (number), try (same number) instead?". I also tried zooming down all the way into the map, I can't see any local roads at all.

Is it that my maps are corrupted or something? My Canada map works fine.

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 2008-07-19 at 15:05.

They've added a map for NZ (as part of Aus & NZ) which is fantastic for me!

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
UPDATE: I finally got the US West map to download--it took overnight. I had to change the CONNECTION settings to be ALWAYS ON instead of time out after 10 minutes.
sorry to come late to the party, as I discovered the wlan timeout problem the hard way after trying for a couple of days, downloading maps overnight it would always die near the same amount retrieved. the different between each attempt being how long I played with the tablet before putting it down and its subsequent automatic disconnection. told it to never timeout and (after a very long time) it did it!

the other gotcha is that, on an n800, it will download to the internal card whether or not there's enough space. you can exit wayfinder, move the maps folder to the other card and it will detect the new location automatically.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Wimer, Oregon
Originally Posted by sirfelix View Post
Yesterday, Amazon was selling a far superior gps for $88 shipped free.
Do you have a link to this? Invariably the really cheap standalone GPS/mapping units I've seen get really poor reviews... and they're typically made by some anonymous Chinese company that will provide *zero* support and no map updates *ever*.

That being said, I wouldn't pretend that Wayfinder is all that great, but it does get the job done for me -- I've definitely gotten my $200 worth out of it (bought it way back, $200 included the Nokia GPS receiver too), and love having a single device (my N800) that works for navigation, web browsing, eBook reading, and movie watching (my main activities with the device).

---Joel

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ London
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
sorry to come late to the party, as I discovered the wlan timeout problem the hard way after trying for a couple of days, downloading maps overnight it would always die near the same amount retrieved. t.
You can download maps to your desktop machine and transfer them.

Maps here:

http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/

Would anyone be kind enough to upload some voices? I have been unable to download voices of the server. Thank you.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
My missus likes the default American voice, she giggles every time he says "..at the traffic circle..".
(living in England its known as a roundabout and theres lots of them)

Unzip this in your map/navicore/sounds/sound_eng directory.

http://tinyurl.com/6r35kw

Yes I know the audio is clipped. The audio has been boosted 12dB so you can actually hear it while driving.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
My missus likes the default American voice, she giggles every time he says "..at the traffic circle..".
(living in England its known as a roundabout and theres lots of them)
these anecdotes are priceless! I don't remember having this suggestion before, but for the record, it'd be nice to compile a (wiki) database of such if occurs more often.

The first time I heard about a roundabout I thought "what? around and about?".