Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Hello once more. Any ideas about the text message not received on the Aquafish with 2.1.3? I used it the other day and did not receive messages the all day. Hope anyone can give a hint. Thanks in advance
Have you tried the obvious? Sending an SMS to yourself?
I am inclined to side with juiceme and blame your provider.
I've had a similar problem. Some of my international texts never arrive. The money is taken off the credit but that's it. The blame is squarely on my provider.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Have you tried the obvious? Sending an SMS to yourself?
I am inclined to side with juiceme and blame your provider.
I've had a similar problem. Some of my international texts never arrive. The money is taken off the credit but that's it. The blame is squarely on my provider.
It only happens on Aquafish. On other phones is ok so even if my provider is a crap this time is not their fault

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
It only happens on Aquafish.
A silly question but sometimes one has to ask the obvious: did you mean,"It only happens on Aquafish with the same SIM card"?
As in, "I have moved the SIM card to another phone, sent an SMS to it and it was received OK"?

And, talking about obvious questions, you have not answered my previous obvious question: have you tried sending a text to yourself?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
A silly question but sometimes one has to ask the obvious: did you mean,"It only happens on Aquafish with the same SIM card"?
As in, "I have moved the SIM card to another phone, sent an SMS to it and it was received OK"?

And, talking about obvious questions, you have not answered my previous obvious question: have you tried sending a text to yourself?
I'll try it later but if it works fine on any other phone and it only happens on Aquafish isn't it suposed to be this phone's problem?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Weel it might be the phone, the provider or the way the phone registers itself to the provider's network.

Here's an example; When @mosen sends me a SMS, I get them always. When I send a SMS to him, he never gets those. However he can get SMS'es sent by other people... go figure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I really believe it is a OS problem as Jolla replies
https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...s/202505018#13

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Weel
Weelly?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
]Here's an example; When @mosen sends me a SMS, I get them always. When I send a SMS to him, he never gets those. However he can get SMS'es sent by other people... go figure.
I have a similar problem. Two people, let's call them A and B, both from the same foreign country X, can send me texts without a problem. But... A never receives my texts, B always does. In both cases, my credit is deducted. A and B are with different providers in country X and I can confirm that other people with the same provider as A are affected the same way. I do not know anyone else with the same provider as B so cannot experiment there.

But here is the funny bit. When I am roaming, the situation is reversed. A always receives my texts, B never does. Go figure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I have a similar problem.
Thank you pichlo. What a relief.
I thought i am the only person on earth with weird basic sms fooo.
Too lazy to change provider on that phonenumber since 1996

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
mosen, I wager that the problem lies with juice's provider, not yours

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Weelly?

I have a similar problem. Two people, let's call them A and B, both from the same foreign country X, can send me texts without a problem. But... A never receives my texts, B always does. In both cases, my credit is deducted. A and B are with different providers in country X and I can confirm that other people with the same provider as A are affected the same way. I do not know anyone else with the same provider as B so cannot experiment there.

But here is the funny bit. When I am roaming, the situation is reversed. A always receives my texts, B never does. Go figure.
Slipping to OT, but here goes... Over the years I've learned by a few communication mishaps that you can't really trust international SMSs. After a couple of service requests addressed to my SP to fix this (as much as they could) they claimed it to be all about the different providers' (international) agreements/contracts/partnering among themselves. These may suddenly(?) change and lead to a situation similar to mine where first everything was fine both ways and sometime later messages in one direction would (almost) always get lost along the way. I don't know how accurate or truthful answer this was but they also (kindly) asked me not to file any more service tickets on the subject as they wouldn't act on them anyway.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post: