Active Topics

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
Now flashing EMMC says "Invalid FIASCO file Header" Some information??
Sounds like the download is corrupted. You can check the md5sum of the file against those posted on the download site.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Sounds like the download is corrupted. You can check the md5sum of the file against those posted on the download site.
Can u tell me what is this md5sum is?? It is of very small size ?? How to use is?? And what is its use??

Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
Can u tell me what is this md5sum is?? It is of very small size ?? How to use is?? And what is its use??
The md5sum is a cryptographic hash of the file. On the firmware downloads site there is a MD5SUMS file which provides this value for each of the firmware files. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum for more details, as well as links to md5sum programs for Windows. If the md5sum you generate for your copy of the firmware file doesn't match the one from the site, you'll need to redownload it.

Just a reminder for those who are having problems using the flasher program.

When entering into flash mode, press the U key on the phone keyboard, not the PC keyboard.

I know this sounds obvious, but it took me forever to figure this out lol.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
Hi i have messed up my phone by installing untested software (i knew the risks and i accept the consequences) anyway i flashed my N900 with the flasher 3.5 and it now starts up and works fine and has cleared all the apps.

However i now have no network it does not connect to O2-UK any more and has what looks like a sim card with a line through it in the notification area.

Can anyone help me?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Have you tried cleaning the sim card? Did you change the region when you flashed it?

Originally Posted by Horrox101 View Post
Hi i have messed up my phone by installing untested software (i knew the risks and i accept the consequences) anyway i flashed my N900 with the flasher 3.5 and it now starts up and works fine and has cleared all the apps.

However i now have no network it does not connect to O2-UK any more and has what looks like a sim card with a line through it in the notification area.

Can anyone help me?
Which version did you flash with? If you used the original release firmware, then this will happen - the PR1.0.1 release updated the GSM chipset firmware and it's no longer compatible with the original firmware release. Either reflash with the latest firmware (PR1.1.1 should be on the Nokia firmware site now), or use wireless to do an OTA update.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Which version did you flash with? If you used the original release firmware, then this will happen - the PR1.0.1 release updated the GSM chipset firmware and it's no longer compatible with the original firmware release. Either reflash with the latest firmware (PR1.1.1 should be on the Nokia firmware site now), or use wireless to do an OTA update.
Thanks after the Maemo updates it found my network. Thanks for your help guys

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I'm in way deep here...
I have flashed my N900 3 times now.
First time i did it from the nokia software updater.
Then i got into a boot loop and had to flash again.
First time from Win7 with flasher 3.5. (Boot loop again.)
Then i tryed from Vista with same flasher. I've seen someone had problems flashing from Win7, so therfor i tryed from Vista. (Its 32bit)
I used "RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.BIN"

Now what do i do?
I see the VANILLA file, but i have to flash the FIASCO image first..
What is FIASCO image, where do i find it and how do i flash it?

My N900 is completly useless now, since it only loopin. ;(
Help would be appreciated.

Sorry for my crappy english.

Originally Posted by Crom View Post
I'm in way deep here...
I have flashed my N900 3 times now.
First time i did it from the nokia software updater.
Then i got into a boot loop and had to flash again.
First time from Win7 with flasher 3.5. (Boot loop again.)
Then i tryed from Vista with same flasher. I've seen someone had problems flashing from Win7, so therfor i tryed from Vista. (Its 32bit)
I used "RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.BIN"

Now what do i do?
I see the VANILLA file, but i have to flash the FIASCO image first..
What is FIASCO image, where do i find it and how do i flash it?

My N900 is completly useless now, since it only loopin. ;(
Help would be appreciated.

Sorry for my crappy english.

That was the problem I was facing. Its simple. Get the image from

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

Enter your IMEI. And it will direct you to a page from where you can download the latest image File P.R 1.1

Now rename it to anyname you want and paste this file in the flasher folder that should be present in the program files. Dnt make the mistake that I was doing. I right clicked the icon in start menu and selected "Open File Location" which was actually leading me to the Start menu shortcut folder. Dnt do like this. Copy and Paste it in the flasher folder present in Program Files. Hope u will get ur problem resolved

Tags
bada rox