http://mynokiablog.com/2010/12/20/no...ia-says-eldar/

I find this one hard to believe. If Nokia are unwilling to go with Android as they would be unable to differentiate their product from other android devices then why on earth would they go with WP7 where there is no customisation in the operating system and there are strict hardware requirements?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nokia bend over and take windows 7 from behind. That would take the prize.

Nokia can't afford to ditching meego! Its fakey fakey

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Dont think of it as them dropping meego

But expanding their portfolio look at HTC they dont have a OS (yet) but pretty much took the world by storm just making HW for other OSes

Im sure most would agree NOKIA does a awesome job building HW also so sure some devices wont have Meego but (ugh WM7) but it keeps their name out there and consumers demanding their brand

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I don't really believe it, for the same reason as etuoyo, but I wouldn't be shocked if they made a deal to put out a windows handset or two in exchange for getting Qt some place of honor on windows mobile 7. They have alot invested in Qt and if they can get some qt-based apps in the standard windows install (like some java me apps used to be in windows 6) then they are giving app developers a large chunk of the market with a single development platform (and a good one at that).

There are youtube videos of qtquick running on android. If you are a corporate-app-writing-stooge and you can write a qtquick/qml app that runs on symbian, winmo, android, and the upcoming meego (as well as our beloved maemo), you might see bank and big-box store apps come out for those platforms first and then get ported later to iOS, not to mention mass-market games, etc.

Or it could just be that Nokia is making a full 180 on their OS position, declaring defeat, quitting their huge committment to open source, and abandoning all their OS-related work to willingly join the borg collective.

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if they made a deal to put out a windows handset or two in exchange for getting Qt some place of honor on windows mobile 7.
I would. I don't expect Microsoft to give an inch, especially not permitting 3rd party toolkits that allow unmanaged code to run on their OS.

Elop, Elop, Elop.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by binjinx View Post
Dont think of it as them dropping meego

But expanding their portfolio look at HTC they dont have a OS (yet) but pretty much took the world by storm just making HW for other OSes

Im sure most would agree NOKIA does a awesome job building HW also so sure some devices wont have Meego but (ugh WM7) but it keeps their name out there and consumers demanding their brand
First Htc is not as big as nokia yet, And if nokia don't use its power to support meego 100 percent over the next year and instead bring in win7. Nokia wont survive the battle on high end market. They will lose even more market shares and me as a customer. Go Meego!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
I am calling shenanigans on this one

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
last month rumor was they was in talks with google ceo about android
this month its with Microsoft about WP7.
January there will be new rumors of a discussion with the Linux foundation about MeeGo.

Is this a joke? Let's just hope this is a bad rumor.

Tags
armageddon, circle jerk, going down, horoscope, internet eldars, mental jerk off, nokia of borg, phone different, rumors, unfounded