The default lock code is 1234 unless someone changed it. If someone did then you'll have to ask the original owner or search how to change the lock code (probably requires terminal usage that I'm not familar with).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by sewertrout View Post
On first boot out of the box, it had the "lock" screen. I flashed to diablo, which allowed me to boot without asking me the code. However, the code is still in there. The other posts were no help, unless the folks at Nokia moved the password information in Diablo. Any help would be, well, helpful. Thanks..
There are instructions for recovering the code on my blog. You'll have to get root access on the tablet before you can do it though but I have tested to ensure that it recovers the lock code on my n800 with Diablo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mysticode For This Useful Post:
Thanks, Mysticode. I still can't get the lock code.

1. cat /dev/mtd1 > MTD1_DUMP
2. perl getlockCode.pl

results:
Lock Code: -40

anything i'm doing wrong?

That's interesting, it should work - as I said, I tested it on my n800 before posting to make sure it still works. You could transfer the dump file to your desktop, open it in a hex editor and seek to the offset that the passcode exists in my unit (0x41028) and look around there for something that looks like it. From what I recall, it was quite obvious once I found it. Or send me the dump and I'll take a look for you (add see if I can fix my script to locate it properly).

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by sewertrout View Post
1. cat /dev/mtd1 > MTD1_DUMP
2. vim MTD1_DUMP

/lock_code
30x

done!

Last edited by nhanquy; 2008-07-30 at 21:01.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
2. vim MTD1_DUMP

/lock_code
30x

done!
If you're willing to install a program, install http://powerlaunch.garage.maemo.org, then drop to Xterm and type in "powerline getdevicelockcode".

Reference this link:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/users/35158

I just did it here, and it worked on my N800 with Diablo, booting from the internal MMC.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deeteroderdas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
If you're willing to install a program, install http://powerlaunch.garage.maemo.org, then drop to Xterm and type in "powerline getdevicelockcode".
Thanks for that. My ebayed n800 arrived today and that helped me verify that the previous owner hadn't set the lock code to something exotic .

Well, the powerline program worked, but the perl script did not. And, i even triied it on my device where the code was known. I also tried to find the code in the /dev folder using grep - nada. Now i'm miffed i cant find it on my own. Mysticode, if you want 2 dump files, let me know.