Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Is there already a patch or a workaround to use the volume buttons to scroll the pages ?

ATM fbreader is almost unusable w/o this function.

Thanks in advance for any useful info.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot qwerty.

Is it going to be included in official release?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Thanks qwerty!!!
I can't remember which catalog (that I should not have been using in the first place) I had installed FBreader previously from, but once that was uninstalled and I figured out how to use dpkg -i to install your compiled version, I was back to finishing the book I started reading on my N810 with H/W page turn toggles. Works great!

Kudos to the person who mentioned to key map "f" to full screen mode in FBreader's preferences. Perfect work-around for using FBreader on the N900.

Love reading, and love the ereader on my last PDA, but for the life of me, I cant get fb reader to work on my n900.

Can anyone give idiot-proof step-by-step re which version of fbreader to download, and how exactly to do this??? Please?????

the latest version present on the repository has the volume button support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Solutor For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
With the latest Qt 4.7.4,is there anyway to get fast finger friendly scrolling with FB reader ? OR it is just impossible now.any one ?
i started using FB reader quite a while ago ,it is bloody brilliant as it can go with any file it is presented with ,the only missing thing is scrolling .Any one please ?
most of my files are in .CHM format and i have no idea if dorian can be handy there ,though i doubt that .

Last edited by prankster; 2011-09-23 at 19:55.

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
With the latest Qt 4.7.4,is there anyway to get fast finger friendly scrolling with FB reader ? OR it is just impossible now.any one ?
i started using FB reader quite a while ago ,it is bloody brilliant as it can go with any file it is presented with ,the only missing thing is scrolling .Any one please ?
most of my files are in .CHM format and i have no idea if dorian can be handy there ,though i doubt that .
Scrolling is not good for reading books. Context is easily lost.
It is better to turn pages instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Scrolling is not good for reading books. Context is easily lost.
It is better to turn pages instead.
There are times when autoscroll is nice; rading a book while on a cross trainer frinstance.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: