Okay cool, do you know where i can find specific instructions to remove the MALF indicator file (/var/malf)?

I'm using windows and im stuck at

You should now have three partitions: /dev/sdX1 which is MyDocs, /dev/sdX2 which is MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan rootfs, and /dev/sdX3 which is the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan home directory.

6. If your PC is running a recent version of Ubuntu (or similar) the partitions should be mounted automatically or offered to be mounted. If not:

Find exact partition's names found on your Nokia N9/N950 and mount these partitions:

$ fdisk -l$ sudo mkdir /mnt/n9; sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/n9

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by wre View Post
Okay cool, do you know where i can find specific instructions to remove the MALF indicator file (/var/malf)?
When you do the things in the instruction above, until you get to the phase 4.) where is says:
"You should now have three partitions: /dev/sdX1 which is MyDocs, /dev/sdX2 which is MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan rootfs, and /dev/sdX3 which is the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan home directory."

You will see the MALF file in your mounted Harmattan rootfs which probably will be something like /media/rootfs/var/malf if you are using Ubuntu. Some other Linux version might mount it to different place.

You can check it by command "ls -l /media/rootfs/var/malf", and if it exists, then you can remove it by command "sudo rm /media/rootfs/var/malf"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I'm using windows and im stuck at
You need to ask advice from somebody else, then, I am afraid
I have no windows so cannot help you with that...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Could i install Ubuntu and do it from there?

I am determined to fix this so if anyone else has any advice please don't hold back!

A few days ago my Nokia N9 went dead flat and then when i went to charge it it would only boot up to the nokia logo on screen and then eventually would come up with "Device not working properly" "try updating the device software with Nokia Software Updater. If the problem persists, contact the nearest Nokia Care point." "Software problem (boot-watchdog): too many reboots.

If i try the connect it to the computer for Nokia Software Updater or Phoenix test and service software the phone turns on with the nokia logo on screen and then a USB connection logo in the corner that goes away, and on my computer it comes up with "USB device not recognized" "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." "Recommendation Try reconnecting the device. If windows still does not recognize it, your device may not be working properly."

Apparently i need to remove the MALF indicator file to fix this? can anyone help me, i am using windows..

Could i install Ubuntu and do it from there?
Yes, you can for example download an Ubuntu disk image and boot from the disk, no need to install it permanenetly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I'm on Ubuntu now..
Where am i going wrong..?

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ /home/ubuntu/Downloads/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb --load -k /home/ubuntu/Downloads/vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader -n /home/ubuntu/Downloads\initrd.img-rescue-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-n950 --boot
/home/ubuntu/Downloads/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/home/ubuntu/Downloads/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb: line 1: `!<arch>'

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ /home/ubuntu/Downloads/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb ....
The .deb file is a installation package, not an executable.
First you install the flasher on your ubuntu with a command like "sudo dpkg -i /home/ubuntu/Downloads/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb", then you use it (probably as /usr/bin/flasher, just type flasher<Tab> and it should complete the name if it's in the command path)

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post: