Any improvements to the Mail application since 2005, or should I just abandon this particular pipe dream?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I'm afraid not...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
You know, they keep on talking about a new and improved email client, but it never materializes. One would think that an INTERNET tablet would do something like email really really well...

Well... they did work on new client but it didn't get ready (=bug free) before the deadline...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Well... they did work on new client but it didn't get ready (=bug free) before the deadline...

So one is coming?

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
So one is coming?
I hope so, but when?

Assuming no major bugs are found on OS2008 after release, maybe they can get back to work on this...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Modest seems to be progressing, albeit slowly. Whether it'll be ready before IT OS 2009 is the real question :-/

I wonder how Modest looks like. Never seen it. I for one would've been happy with just a fixed osso-email client, I'm totally fine with the user interface, for example (I admit to get constantly confused by the, to me, not very intuitive UI of that otherwise very good 3party alternative which I've also got installed). I really just need one bug of osso-email fixed: Honor the 'already read' flag of the IMAP protocol, please.. Instead there'll be a totally new email client. Oh well, here's hoping for an equally simple UI.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I wonder how Modest looks like. Never seen it. I for one would've been happy with just a fixed osso-email client, I'm totally fine with the user interface, for example (I admit to get constantly confused by the, to me, not very intuitive UI of that otherwise very good 3party alternative which I've also got installed). I really just need one bug of osso-email fixed: Honor the 'already read' flag of the IMAP protocol, please.. Instead there'll be a totally new email client. Oh well, here's hoping for an equally simple UI.
Nokia’s Dirk-Jan Binnema talked about Maemo’s new Modest email-client at the GNOME conference: http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/ChangeLog...est_guadec.pdf

jmk,
Thanks for the link. Much appreciated!