Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I've been having minor issues recently with my tablet's screen. The screen itself works well, but the right hand corner doesn't respond to touch. To see how bad it was, I opened up liqbase and drew around the edge of the screen with the stylus. For most of the length, it drew along the very edge of the screen, but when I got to the bottom right hand corner, however, it stopped about a third of an inch from the bottom. This makes using the stylus keyboard with full functionality impossible, as well as several parts of some applications.

I have cleaned out everything between the screen and the bezel and it still hasn't been working. This has stayed constant throughout several flashes, and I have calibrated the screen countless times. I haven't found anything in the forum relating to this problem, either. If anyone knows if it's possible to fix this, I would appreciate any feedback or advice I can get.

Thanks.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey fillip.

My first guess based on your description is that you wore down the sensivity on that side of the screen by constantly using the scroll bar.

I've got one solution but I doubt you'll like it.

Install screen rotation and flip the screen upside down.

It will be weird holding the tablet the other way but it should be functional since I'm assuming the top left of your screen works just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
If you like to hack you hardware:

- Carefully reseating the connectors ?
- Try with a friend's n800 screen -> determine if your screen or your tablet is faulty. Replacement screens are available, although not very cheap ones.
- Search ebay for a bricked tablet (with intact screen)

The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Addison, that's a really nice idea, but I'm not sure if I could manage holding it that way. Icebox, I'd open it up, but I've been having trouble trying to get the faceplate off, even though I read the guide (I don't have a small enough screw driver). I don't know anyone else with a N800 and eBay doesn't appear to have any bricked N800s.

Now, the only thing about this is that I'm not sure it's worth trying to fix. The affected area is very small: about 5% of the screen. The only thing is that it's the bottom right hand corner, which is relatively important with most applications. I've been thinking about getting an N810 for a while now, but I don't like the idea of only having a single mini/microSD slot.

I guess I'll keep looking on eBay for a while for bricked N800s.

Tags
n800, screen, troubleshooting