Active Topics

Hi all, just got a nokia n810, my first experience with tablets :-)

just wanted some advice with emails, i need to access several different email accounts and need something better than the in built email client. At present i have installed claws-mail which does most things fine but wondered if anyone can help me get it to read html emails? Also, is it possible to change the font size at all?

thanks in advance!

(im also having issues getting the onscreen keyboard to work most of the time as well if anyone has any tips!)

Originally Posted by Stal View Post
Hi all, just got a nokia n810, my first experience with tablets :-)

just wanted some advice with emails, i need to access several different email accounts and need something better than the in built email client. At present i have installed claws-mail which does most things fine but wondered if anyone can help me get it to read html emails? Also, is it possible to change the font size at all?

thanks in advance!

(im also having issues getting the onscreen keyboard to work most of the time as well if anyone has any tips!)
As you found out, the builtin email app is useless. You might want to test Modest if you're still trying things out: It's still in beta but quite usable.
http://modest.garage.maemo.org/

My on screen keyboard works fine, but only when the hw keyboard is closed.

The Following User Says Thank You to jussik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stal View Post
At present i have installed claws-mail which does most things fine but wondered if anyone can help me get it to read html emails? Also, is it possible to change the font size at all?
Missed this post the first time around, but since the only reply doesn't address the questions at all, (to say the least)...

To view HTML mails with their formatting and images in Claws Mail you can install the claws-mail-html2-viewer plugin.

You can change the fonts by going to /Configuration/Preferences/Display/Fonts

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
If you manage to configure it to your taste, claws is a very capable mailer. It's a bit slow (I'm subscribed to many mailing lists, so I have many imap folders, some of them with more than 20000 messages, but claws copes with them fairly well albeit slowly).
The built-in email application is a joke, I also tried modest but it would slow to a crawl then die while trying to download the headers for those 20000 messages.
The biggest problem I have with claws, apart from the slowness, is that it isn't well integrated with the system (e.g. a mailto link will open the built-in mail program) but I gues it's maemo to blame since it makes almost impossible to get rid of the default mailer.
edit: oops, I also missed the point, since the op is already using claws.

Last edited by luca; 2008-03-27 at 18:25.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by luca View Post
If you manage to configure it to your taste, claws is a very capable mailer. It's a bit slow (I'm subscribed to many mailing lists, so I have many imap folders, some of them with more than 20000 messages, but claws copes with them fairly well albeit slowly).
The built-in email application is a joke, I also tried modest but it would slow to a crawl then die while trying to download the headers for those 20000 messages.
The biggest problem I have with claws, apart from the slowness, is that it isn't well integrated with the system (e.g. a mailto link will open the built-in mail program) but I gues it's maemo to blame since it makes almost impossible to get rid of the default mailer.
Hey luca. if i remember correctly... i think you work for nokia? right?
If yes ..... can you call it a joke? (yes indeed it is a joke!)