Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by peter-berlin View Post
oh, no... I just received this email from jolla:
Yeah, but you don't have to worry about paying any more

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Cheating is more trouble than it's worth. Look at VW.
Not saying they don't get what they deserve, and I can miss those diesels like plague,.. but ... let's safely assume every single energy giant / airplane - car -manufacturer / tech giant cheats on their customers and the population on large scale.
The matter of them being caught and held responsible boils down to strong political will to do so. (EPA in US is quite known for turning blind eyes until.. the title of this article summarizes it well http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/08...-they-know-it/ )

Message to VW:

After 2013 corp leaders using iOS / MS / Android for communication should keep in mind that if there was at some point big brother will always have a stick behind the door to beat the dog when needed.

So as a symbolic start to change all that, Sailfish secure for all VW staff handsets from now on

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
With the general release of Sailfish 1.1.9, Jolla has finally released an SDK with official support for the tablet!

https://sailfishos.org/develop/sdk-o...release-notes/

Tablet apps are now being accepted in the Harbour as well. Along with this, some more help files have been updated to support the tablet, such as Volume, Ringtone, and Ambiance Control and Gestures and Views.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Cheating is more trouble than it's worth. Look at VW.
Yeah, but I still don't have received the email yet and I was in the first 500 Early Birds so clearly Jolla's email about sending in order of contributions is not entirely true.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Yeah, but I still don't have received the email yet and I was in the first 500 Early Birds so clearly Jolla's email about sending in order of contributions is not entirely true.
My guess is that their "small group" of early contributors is much less than 500. Maybe less than 100. I would think they are testing end-to-end fulfillment right now, rather than how much volume they can manage at once...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
there where also much less then 300 contributors when i rushed to the campaign while the stageshow was still rolling.
Did not recieve invite so i suspect the group to be around 100-200 people!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by peter-berlin View Post
oh, no... I just received this email from jolla:

Jolla (Jolla Service and Support)
Hello!
We noticed you have turned your Indiegogo contribution into an order in our Jolla Tablet Pre-Order Online shop.
We did not yet intend to send you an invite, and as we wish to respect the order of contributions we won't be shipping your Tablet and accessories to you just yet. You will receive your items once other people who contributed before you have received their items.
No action is required by you at this time. This is just to inform you that your items will be shipped out at a later than you may have anticipated.
Thank you once again for completing your order.
Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

ROTFL I told ya guys... http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=876

have patience....

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
there where also much less then 300 contributors when i rushed to the campaign while the stageshow was still rolling.
Did not recieve invite so i suspect the group to be around 100-200 people!
Well, if sharing the pain helps, I was too in the early contributors - I got the 189 euro dollars early bird price - and I did not receive the invite either. Maybe they limited shipping to Finland/Scandinavia? I don't know. Anyway, we will have to keep waiting...

Last edited by mikelima; 2015-09-25 at 14:45.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
First preview unboxing? Unfortunately Russian.
http://youtu.be/2weLUBOl9xw

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaN9KickYourAss View Post
First preview unboxing? Unfortunately Russian.
http://youtu.be/2weLUBOl9xw
Giving you thumbs up for your nick/username and from spotting this girl. I mean Jolla tablet video

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund