Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Hi guys, there is this issue with whatsup ever since I reset my jolla after doing a clean install offing the device for some time and registering I was back on the app, but whenever I exit the app and open it again I am required to re-verify my number everytime, has anyone has this issue? this is the type of abnormally that would flag my number on their servers, a fix would be so much appreciated. thanks in advance

Will this be a problem?

WhatsApp to end support for BlackBerry, Nokia & other older operating systems by the end of 2016

http://linkis.com/venturebeat.com/2016/OCYYx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallace For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Will this be a problem?

WhatsApp to end support for BlackBerry, Nokia & other older operating systems by the end of 2016

http://linkis.com/venturebeat.com/2016/OCYYx
Whatsapp is becoming annoying by the day, and doing that would just damper their customer numbers, so I think this makes little sense.
I do believe Whatsup has a unique concept and can get a way to pass as an Android client which will just do the trick

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
https://blog.whatsapp.com/10000617/W...mobile-devices

Official news: WhatsApp will stop the support by the end of the year for the following platforms:
  • BlackBerry, including BlackBerry 10
  • Nokia S40
  • Nokia Symbian S60
  • Android 2.1 and Android 2.2
  • Windows Phone 7.1

Sad news is: Whatsup is based on S40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Sad as it might be, part of me is rejoicing. First of all because I am not so fond of FB (and WA by extension); second because the smart guys behind Whatsup can now focus on better things - bringing natively Signal to Maemo/Harmattan/Jolla, for example.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to paolo_3_1415926 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
Hi guys, there is this issue with whatsup ever since I reset my jolla after doing a clean install offing the device for some time and registering I was back on the app, but whenever I exit the app and open it again I am required to re-verify my number everytime, has anyone has this issue? this is the type of abnormally that would flag my number on their servers, a fix would be so much appreciated. thanks in advance
you need to enter in a filemanager and delete the cepiperez folder which is inside the config folder...this will solve your issue

The Following User Says Thank You to 247 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
So now that soon our S40 protocol support dies what can we do?

i would switch from Whatsapp immediately but if i'm the only one in the other chat programs it's useless.
using the android version is awful..compared to whatsup or mitakuulu it feels like 90s internet.

The Following User Says Thank You to PatsJolla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by PatsJolla View Post
So now that soon our S40 protocol support dies what can we do?

i would switch from Whatsapp immediately but if i'm the only one in the other chat programs it's useless.
using the android version is awful..compared to whatsup or mitakuulu it feels like 90s internet.
Yes it's shitty but WA did some good improvements on their WhatsApp for android app for the last past 4 years. You can use and test it with sfdroid on SFO.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
Strange behaviour in the last days with Whatsup:
Do you also have the effect that the app gets constantly killed by the memory management?
For me the app gets restarted constantly when I click it and the phone was lying around for several minutes. Even if I have no other app opened it seems that the app has a memory hole which triggers the memory management to kill the process and leave me with the "zombie cover". Is this maybe a side effect of the Whatsapp server issues reported the last days or is it sth else?

I have restarted the phone already many times but it doesn't go away, unfortunately I can't identify what is eating the ram or whatever triggers the killing of the process. Anybody else with this experience?

Last edited by PatsJolla; 2016-03-02 at 14:34.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Finland
Strange things happens because today I started to receive Whatsup messages through from my daughters IPhone after 2 months dead time... And the reason wasn't that she didn't try to send me any messages...

The Following User Says Thank You to Japsi For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup