Originally Posted by diJenerate
You're right... My error, it's actually USB host support that it doesn't have. That is the major difference.

@takumikai
I think a system like that would cost about USD1,000.00. I would pay that for those features and I'm sure that others would. After all, Samsung has sold how many Nexio units at that price?

diJenerate
True... But the first priority of this device is a bit similar to the Nokia 770. For example, it's supposed to be portable. This device will get really big if we add ALL those features in there. I'm saying that this is a version 1 so as the line of origami pcs increase, they should slowly add these features.

Also, remember that there is a lot of heat generated in this device that doesn't take that heat away as well as a desktop computer. Desktop computers have fans and water-cooling systems. Usually, portable devices do not have fans or cooling devices, instead they are either fully closed or have small holes where air can pass through the system.

Battery life is crucial in portable systems. Including all these features will kill battery life FAST!

Right now the asking price for a new Q1 is about $1000 USD. If we add these bonus features, the price will skyrocket up, unless Samsung chooses to have a loss of money for every Q1 they sell.

Also, the choice of OS is a debatable topic. Right now Windows is the top OS so it makes sense to market an OS that everybody is used to, on the other hand, since this is a fully working computer, we can run Linux variants and (possibly Mac OS, because of the switch to Intel), the choice of OS is usually up to the consumer.

Samsung engineers also do care about the US market because the US is a big consumer of Samsung products. This is true because the US market has been thinking of origami PCs for a while and this is an answer. I think that we are doubting this product because of its poor features, however, its a big risk that Samsung is taking to create the first origami PC and since it is the first, it WILL HAVE PROBLEMS. This doesn't matter to whatever company because all of the companies will have to take this risk and will create products that will not meet the standards of most because they don't know what to expect from consumers.