Active Topics

ATT's Sony Erickson Z750A 3G cell phone has software for easy one click connect from laptop to cell phone modem and it works great, I have Diablo OS on my N810 and am able to get BOTH the N810 and the phone to recognize each other on Bluetooth. I even get a connect message only to loose the connection the moment after it's established. Is this part of a "bug" with Diablo that I've read about and is being worked on? Has anyone gotten a 3G connection with an ATT phone as a tether to their N810?
Any thoughts appreciated!

Lots of people have this running although I don't know about your specific phone.

There is a builtin bluetooth installer/pairing tool in diablo. Also if you want to do it manually, somewhere I have posted the att parameters on this site.

You do need a data service from att. I don't know if you can get one with a GO phone.

Good luck!

Thank you very much. You'd really be my HERO if you could tell me how to find the Bluetooth installer/pairing tool within Diablo. How do you open up Diablo to find the tool? When I open my N810 in Settings under Bluetooth the phone is clearly there. Same when I open the the phone the N810 is there in Bluetooth.
By the way ATT has unlimited data plan with this GOPHONE for $20/mth which is all it costs if you don't use the phone.
Appreciate your help.
John

I tried doing this with my iphone using pdanet/iphonemodem no luck can't get the n810 into ad-hoc mode. Any tips?

I'll never be anybody's Linux hero, but here goes. We'll do it manually.

1) Tap: Settings>Control Panel>Connectivity
2) If you are successfully paired with the phone, you should see its name listed.
3) Tap the name.
4) Tap Edit
5) Fill in the blanks. I use:
5a) Name: AT&T Internet
5b) Type: GPRS
6) Tap Next
7) Fill in the blanks. I use:
7a) Access Point Name: wap.cingular
7b) Dial Up Number: *99***1#
7c) User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
7d) Password: CINGULAR1
7e) I leave the prompt unchecked.
8) Tap: Finish>Done>OK

It works for me.

Good luck!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by sellier View Post
I tried doing this with my iphone using pdanet/iphonemodem no luck can't get the n810 into ad-hoc mode. Any tips?
?????

Are you trying to share the iPhone connection, or the N810 connection. The N810 connects to Ad-Hoc fine, and can create a Ad-Hoc network.