Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Anybody thinking that too many discussions are getting quite Lumia and Windows Phone related posts? Out of context, those posts easily degenerate into unproductive confrontation. In a right context though, I'm sure they could nurture interesting discussions just like many other non-Maemo related threads in this maemo.org forum.

Would any moderator second the idea of moving those posts out of context to a Lumia or Windows Phone (or whatever configuration you prefer) misc thread under the Competitors sub-forum?

If you agree on doing this then any user could report any post out of context requesting to move it to the threads under Competitors.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Yup, I have actually been moving a lot of "Nokia" (company) discussions to Off-topic. Yes, Lumia discussions should be under Competitors.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
I second that, pls put ANY lumia related posts here, especially when a thread is being jacked.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Reggie, just to be clear: I mean Lumia / WP related posts dropped out of context in threads about something else.

Maemomd, by "here" do you mean this thread? We don't really need those posts in a Community thread either. This is why I'm proposing to choose an existing thread in Competitors or to create a new one there.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Reggie, just to be clear: I mean Lumia / WP related posts dropped out of context in threads about something else.
Actually, what I do is, when a thread has more than a say a hundred replies and I see that the discussion has strayed away from the original topic, I move it to Off-topic.

I don't get to read all posts so I need some help with this. But once in a while, when members report violating posts, that's when I often get to read the current context of the thread.

Last edited by Reggie; 2012-04-28 at 20:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, when the Powers That Be Have a "discussion," it's like when that grizzly wants my sandwich -- I say, let 'em do whatever they want!

geneven, what is your point?

Can we agree on consistency? What would you do in a situation like this?

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Lumia and non-Maemo/MeeGo discussions truly belong in Competitors. I won't talk about the move(s) to Off-Topic, if it fits, so be it. Makes it harder for me to find where the posts are located at times.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
geneven, what is your point?

Can we agree on consistency? What would you do in a situation like this?
I wouldn't include you in the conversation about what to do, frankly. It's not important enough, and you aren't just another bloke with an opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: