Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by tredlie View Post
having been on a bikt tour ove rthe weekend, I would like to make a short wishlist that would turn CloudGPS into a very usable application for hiking and biking.
1. include other maps (OpenCycle)
2. support for batch download of map tiles, for instance 'along track' and visible area on the screen (offline operations should always be possible, dont prompt user for internet connection if she has decided not to use data roaming)
3. import of track (and place focus on the track); (good enough for many routing needs)
4. when tapping on the screen give the distance from current location

I have more items, but these are the most important to me.

looking forward to see CloudGPS grow!
All points are very sensible and I plan to include them all. New features will be added in succession with following releases. But developement pace is slowed down by the amount of free time I have. I plan to make a release about once a month.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Will you fix the dependency so it depends on libgles1 instead of that specific package you depend on right now(installing only that package doesn't work)?
I will try to upload newer version to Extras-devel in the evening. And thanks for that icons you sent me

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I will try to upload newer version to Extras-devel in the evening. And thanks for that icons you sent me
You're welcome, maybe not the best icon but now you can put it in extras-devel at least

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
You're welcome, maybe not the best icon but now you can put it in extras-devel at least
It is done. Autobuilder will be in my nighmares today

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
This looks and feels fantastic! Thank you! My only wish as a city dweller is transit routing. As it is there's no way I know of to get a native app that does this effectively. Keep up the awesome work!

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
After testing this app there are no words to describe how awesome it is! I simply cannot wait for new features!

WOW! Just wow!

Show me any other mobile platform that can do this?!

This could be insanely powerful.

Also fantastic because sygic mcguider is nowhere near up to date with maps for my area (QLD, Australia).

finally, someone working on a decent solution to navigation on the N900! you have my support.

I have good sources for maps in garmin format. Unfortunately, they are all locked. They worked fine on my Windows Mobile device but ever since I moved to the N900, I am now lost (yes, literally!). So if you have a solution for converting or reading garmin IMG maps, that would be AWESOME!

Originally Posted by droll View Post
finally, someone working on a decent solution to navigation on the N900! you have my support.

I have good sources for maps in garmin format. Unfortunately, they are all locked. They worked fine on my Windows Mobile device but ever since I moved to the N900, I am now lost (yes, literally!). So if you have a solution for converting or reading garmin IMG maps, that would be AWESOME!
Unfortunately I cannot help you at the moment. CloudGPS is based on tile maps and AFAIK garmin maps are vector based. I think there exist an API to read garmin format in Linux and it is named libgarmin. I do not plan to use vector data in CloudGPS until it has all the planned features (and it is still far away from there). I most propably won't replace tile maps entirely by vector data but use
vector data as an additional content to render (for example 3D buildings would be cool).

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
@dwaradzyn: Will you increase the area it preloads in the next version? The fade in effect of tiles is pretty cool but it would be better if it preloaded an area that is bigger than what you see.

Tags
best gps app