Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
2 tiny comments:

- Can i pause it to let the video buffer fully? ive tried but cant really tell if its working and some videos buffer every 6 seconds
- It could do with a decent icon for the desktop but thats hardly a major issue and im sure it will get one when it hist devel/extras.
There's no pausing available atm. I'm working on an internal media player, which will have that feature, among others. Currently, I'm just passing the video URL to the media player. I have no control over how it is played.

There is already an desktop icon for cuteTube. You may need to reboot to see it. The icon is nothing special, but I will get round to improving it, along with those on the home window and 'my account' window (any contributions from GIMP/Photoshop wizards are welcome ).

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Any updates on repo availability?

best looking and functionality app ever. please, since im a perfectionist, get better icolns >_<. default mplayer controls work, space is pause etc. q exits

is it in extra devel if not then where can i download it from
ty

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
download the deb from the first post rename it to cute and save it to mydocs.then go xterm and
sudo gainroot then
cd MyDocs then
dpkg -i cute.deb

success

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Hey marksian great application man heard lot about it could you guide me to how to install it
thanks man

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Issam Khan View Post
Hey marksian great application man heard lot about it could you guide me to how to install it
thanks man
Dude, read the comment above urs. Just download it from first post and run it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
So no matter what, 720p videos will not play on the N900 using Maemo5 OS unless you resize on the fly. (which can be done using mplayer) Then mplay does play 720p video files. However, it plays it at like 1-2 fps at best. Heck, N900 even struggles with 480p AVC files right now. N900's hw is more capable than what it can do right now but we don't have the drivers / codec to take advantage of hw acceleration.
That's what I've been saying all along this thread: the OpenMAX H/W decoder can't handle more than 720x576 pixel resolution and that N900 simply does not have the CPU to decode higher resolution video in software. So, what was your point?

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Yay, i fixed the loggin into my youtube account problem earlier today, it was a clash with my email, i hadn't merged my gmail and youtube accounts...once i did that, BAM!! It logged into my account.
The only problem now is as sum1 mentioned earlier, sum vids buffer every few secs and pausing stops the buffering so u cant even wait for it to load to enjoy the whole vid, the only option wud b to dl and then play...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucky88shp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Thanks for this nice app.
I'd like to be able to choose kmplayer as a backend, like in MyTube.
Kmplayer allows to choose mplayer, mediaplayer or gstreamer, and has nice on screen controls for aspect ratio and zooming.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube