Notices

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
If you're like me, you spend every waking hour wondering where the moons of Jupiter are currently located. The orrery app will now show you where the moons of Jupiter are at any time, and how they are moving relative to Jupiter. It will also tell you the time of events such as satellite eclipses, transits and occultations, as well as whether or not those events will be visible from your current location.
More information can be found here:http://wiki.maemo.org/Orrery#Jovian_Moons

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
I've uploaded another new version (3.6) of the orrery. I'm not going to push it into Extras Testing, because the QA process seems to be stalled. The main new feature is a page to present the data needed for Sextant Navigation, which was requested by a user. That feature obviously wil be of interest to very few users. However this version also includes an important bug-fix for the refraction correction (which improves the accuracy of things like the Sun and Moon rise and set times) and also requires one less process to be active while the orrery is running (that process was a launcher process which now terminates once it has done its job), so even people without a sextant on their 80 foot yacht may want to upgrade to the new version.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Orrery 3.4 is already promoted to Extras, so there is no problem if you promote 3.6 to Testing.

It's true that the QA promotion is being a pain in the *** but please while we are working to fix it, don't stop promoting your software.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Orrery 3.4 is already promoted to Extras, so there is no problem if you promote 3.6 to Testing.

It's true that the QA promotion is being a pain in the *** but please while we are working to fix it, don't stop promoting your software.
OK, I will. Thanks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Missed your opening post so have only just updated. Jupitor is my favourite thing through the telescope so love the new moons page. It's so easy to understand.Just muted my tele with pierogi to write this. Thanks for carrying on with development for my phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Your program is a mega highlight for my n900. I love it, my daughter loves it.
Thank you so much!!

The Following User Says Thank You to peterparker For This Useful Post:
Thanks, King Ralphred and peter parker. It's always nice to hear that someone is actually using my code. Please, please, please send suggestions for new features you'd like to see (orrery.moko@gmail.com). Apart from adding eclipses (adding solar eclipses usefully is a BIG project), I'm sorta running out of ideas for new features.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for still supporting Orrery on Maemo 5 and N900!

I like to use this so often these days when the brighter planets are visible each evening.
Orrery is a little gem, a great gem!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm53 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
Thank you so much for still supporting Orrery on Maemo 5 and N900!

I like to use this so often these days when the brighter planets are visible each evening.
Orrery is a little gem, a great gem!
Thanks for the kind words. What would you like to see it do, that it does not yet do?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Orrery was one of the reasons to change phone and buy one n900... Many thanks for your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post: