Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Some Android people have too wake up and don't be so damn naive.

First of I am not a Nokia fanboy! But if you guys thinks that "Android is the future" cause of its "openess" or "support" well then you really of blind how bussiness works!

If you think all those manufactors will support the Android in the long time your also wrong.

End of 2012 this may very well changed ALOT.

For example I dont think Samsung will run Android end of 2012.

Same goes for SE. 2011 they did say "We go for Android" but now saying "Well we lock very close at WP but has no intrest atm. but it may change..."

And you really is foolish if you think Motorola will help Google:s Android in this patent wars in the long run.

You can say Maemo(Meego) is dead end too us who still prefer this platform. But don't come say Android is the way too go.

Its time for you people too wake up! If people prefer a phone like N9 go buy it. If people like SGS2 go buy it but DO NOT expect any company too give you support for long time! Its bussiness as usual.

This discussion about Android better than Maemo OR company A is better than B etc.. is just plain ridicilous! If you dont like Maemo Harmattan+Qt go buy an Android but dont think you can convince the rest of the word that youre right its just plain stupid! We all are different. Its like saying too christian people they must be buddist or Muslims should be Ateist. We all are different accept this! Dont feed people saying your an idiot if buying N9!

Why bother to be here at TMO? Are you people that stupid soo you all think users who intrested too buy N9 will change theyr mind cause you think you are some kind of "better person cause I a soo smart cause I go buy Android device instead?"

I dont think soo :-(

I am just plain sick of reading it over and over again. So its time for me add three more persons too the ignore list!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-09 at 13:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
You Android people have too wake up and dont be so damn naive.

First of I am not a Nokia fanboy. But if you guys thinks that ANdroid is the future cause of its openess well then your blind.

And if you thionk all those manufactors will support the Android in the long time your also wrong.

End of 2012 this may very well changed ALOT.

For example I dont think Samsung will run Android end of 2012.

Same goes for SE who start of 2011 did say "We go for Android" but now saying "Well we lock very close at WP but has no intrest atm but it may change..."

And you really is foolish if you think Motorola will help Android in this patent wars in the long run.

You can say Maemo(Meego) is dead end too us who still prefer this platform. But don't come say Android is the way too go.

Its time for you people too wake up. If people prefer a phone like N9 go buy it. If people like SGS2 go buy it but DO NOT expect any company too give yuou support for long time! Its bussiness as usual.

This discussion about Android better than Maemo etc.. is just plain ridicilous! If you dont like Maemo Harmattan+Qt.

Why bother to be here at TMO? Are you people that stupid soo you all think users who intrested too buy N9 will change theyr mind cause you think you are some kind of "better person cause I a soo smart cause I go buy Android device instead?"

I am just plain sick of reading it over and over again. So its time for me add three more persons too the ignore list!
Mike, please calm down. Not sure how you got all that from afaq's post but nobody is saying one is better than the other, people are still on the fence and they don't pledge allegiance to either OS. Let go of this "Us vs Them" mentality.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
People are thinking about moving to Android because it is fast approaching the point where it provides all the features that they want, and there are a number of compelling devices to choose from. Contrast that with the situation at Nokia, where it takes forever to deliver a single device that has been talked about for months, and even then they make a complete hash of it. Nokia couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery.

Most people will not throw away good money on a device simply because it runs FOSS. N9 doesn't really have much of an advantage (if any) on that score, anyway.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
People are thinking about moving to Android because it is fast approaching the point where it provides all the features that they want, and there are a number of compelling devices to choose from. Contrast that with the situation at Nokia, where it takes forever to deliver a single device that has been talked about for months, and even then they make a complete hash of it. Nokia couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery.

Most people will not throw away good money on a device simply because it runs FOSS. N9 doesn't really have much of an advantage (if any) on that score, anyway.
here we go again:

Android doesn't make money for the manyufactors soo why do people think ANY manufactor will run this in the long run? It may very well end that Motorolla is the only manufactor runninhg Android in some year.

So my point was people here have too stop dream about a fully open platform and be glad to what we have TODAY, But dont feed people att TMO who still likes Maemo to go for Android (yet another dead platform in some year)

Its especially funny when People who actually NOT have the device is whine about N9 not have X, Y, Z and "it will not have support" looks like this people have more inside information that those people who actually has the device? NOT!

Same goes for N900. The most whiners doesn't even have the device? How stupid is that!?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-09 at 13:17.

* I have heard atleast two person who has both SGS2 and N9 who actually says N9 runs smoother in case of UI than SGS2

* The price is lower than Iphone and around same as SGS2 in sweden and it will probadly go down in some months. this is always the same early adaptors pay higher prices same goes for every damn device released!

!
Add to that another 2 more S2 owners & 1 Iphone 4 owner in SE Asia
Price, oh yes, n9 64 GB slightly cheaper than Iphone 4 16GB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Mike, please calm down. Not sure how you got all that from afaq's post but nobody is saying one is better than the other, people are still on the fence and they don't pledge allegiance to either OS. Let go of this "Us vs Them" mentality.
removed afaq QUOTE cause its some some people here got confused and don't get my point.

If people here can see whats posted latelly about N9 and Android fanboyish TMO and spread of dissinformation or stuff what we dont even knows, well I dont bother too try explain yet over again...

I just say this everything is BUSSINESS. and dont expect ANYONE too be fully opensources AND supported in the long run.

People seems too dream too much or maybe they smoking too much I dont know....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-09 at 13:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Cos there are a lot of people who have been critising the N9 & Meego for months. There are many, including a couple who ventured into this forum insulting those buy/intend to buy the 'dead OS" N9 as dumbos. The insults & bashing are everywhere, like they are very free everyday

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-10-09 at 13:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
Currently, my problem with Android is more phylosophical than technical: the one and only reason for Android to exist is to collect your data and send it back to Google so that they can push you ads.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:

Mobiles phones is recent days have become an extension of your own persona for a lot of people, hence the zealot-like behavior of many.
Especially in the US, were mobile phone contracts are insanely expensive, and in a lot of situations your aren't even free to use a separately bought sim-lock-free mobile, without paying extra.
A lot of customers view mobile phones and consequently mobile OS-es as a status symbol and/or fashion statement.
Most people haven't really used alternative mobile phones because of the costs. At least the fact that Android users are visiting this site means they are interested in an alternative. So maybe they will collect enough courage and actually try something new.

There are a huge variety of mobile phones, mainly because of the different operating systems. One phone may be the best fit for your specific daily usage, or offer the best costs to features ratio, but they all have their flaws. If you can't see anything where other phones are better at, your judgment is clouded, or you just don't know enough about the competitors.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Mobiles phones is recent days have become an extension of your own persona for a lot of people, hence the zealot-like behavior of many.
Especially in the US, were mobile phone contracts are insanely expensive, and in a lot of situations your aren't even free to use a separately bought sim-lock-free mobile, without paying extra.
A lot of customers view mobile phones and consequently mobile OS-es as a status symbol and/or fashion statement.
Most people haven't really used alternative mobile phones because of the costs. At least the fact that Android users are visiting this site means they are interested in an alternative. So maybe they will collect enough courage and actually try something new.

There are a huge variety of mobile phones, mainly because of the different operating systems. One phone may be the best fit for your specific daily usage, or offer the best costs to features ratio, but they all have their flaws. If you can't see anything where other phones are better at, your judgment is clouded, or you just don't know enough about the competitors.
Most of the Android users on TMO are former Maemo users. They got tired of Nokia, and so moved on to something else. I suppose they are a bit like ex-smokers. They have an urge to inform everyone else about their choice.

It seems that the number of people becoming tired of Nokia is growing at a considerable rate. The sad thing is that most of the concerns are not technical in nature, but are instead regarding the inability of Nokia to produce and sell a phone in a timely and well-organised fashion.

My website

GitHub

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????