Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Luckily, we have quite a choice here.
What does your favourite music player have over the alternatives?
Pros & cons?
I've used MediaBox for quite a while because of the option to select a folder as a playlist, because that's the way I want to manage my music collection (i.e. not meta-data/tag oriented, but by folder structure), and because of potrait mode of course.
The UI is problematic to me though, so I'm looking for a better solution.
With auto-rotation enabled, it keeps switching between landscape and protrait if held in an oblique (slightly tilted) position, and takes quite some juggling to make it calm down, which is a nuisance. Also the slider at the margin is not sensitive enough, and very often does not react.
What are your experiences?

I'm using Symfonie, which is simple and also can play from folders. It also supports screen rotation (auto or manual).

Last edited by kolos; 2011-08-20 at 15:36.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
The default player. It's the only one that I've found usable with 5000+ songs and it scrobbles tracks to Last.fm.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
default player, why cause save more battery life
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
The default media player is the one for me as:
4000+ songs
last.fm scrobbling, although I am sure others have it.
AVRCP works best with this player alowing control of music from my bluetooth car stereo and headset.
And most of all, the big button that plays randomly from the whole library.

I would use OMP, but it is very slow shuffling between tracks with a large library.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Open Media Player. All pros from default one + enhanced features + it's open, ffs.

Yea, Open Media Player is not finished yet, but I will be, and I take openness over "finished" anytime.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I use Symfonie because it is easy to handle and it also has got an equalizer (but still, I don't listen to music on my N900 that much because there is not enough bass).

I also tried Someplayer which also has some nice features - however, I don't know what all the symbols stand for, so it is a bit difficult for me to handle it.

Last edited by D.Cent; 2011-08-23 at 13:31.

Definitely Someplayer ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70405 )

I need the ability to play from folders and in addition to that, Someplayer simply has the best, most natural sound quality of all the players that I have tested (including the default player and Symfonie). It also features (among many other things) an equalizer, although I never (have to) use that.

The player is a bit tricky to get started with, but once you get the hang of it, it actually is not really difficult to handle.

Default player for me as well, no issues and can't really think of any killer feature I'm missing.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
default player i tried someplayer and it was great sounded good, but still prefer default for it's userbility

still wanting gapless playback but i'm sure i heard it's not possible

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post: