Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
or do you want to exacerbate the meritocracy BS?
e.g. only those who have contributed enough code bug reports or whatever will get points?
in which case i guess ppl like me (or Gerbick?) who posted a lot but didn't do much coding are in big trouble...
Go check my karma stats.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Just as a small note: Nominations close soon, and to date, nobody has nominated themselves for Council. Not a single person...

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Considering the low number of candidates, I have decided to run for both Board and Council.

I only hope to find some more spare time to be able to attend the duties (in case of being elected) as these last weeks are being painful at work.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Despite the fact that I dont feel that I achieved what I originally signed up for, I feel that important work that has been initiated needs attention.
I would be very happy to be part of this next step, and have submitted my self-nomination.

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...er/005626.html

All the best
Nieldk

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
there are currently 2 candidates for Council and 6 for Board of Director; both 2 candidates applying for Council also apply for Board, thus 6 distinct candidates.

Council election Q4 2012 / Candidate declarations

Last edited by misterc; 2012-09-28 at 22:14. Reason: one candidate has less then 100 karma

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
there are currently 2 candidates for Council and 6 for Board of Director; both 2 candidates applying for Council also apply for Board, thus 6 distinct candidates.

Council election Q4 2012 / Candidate declarations
The final tally looks to be 4 for Council, and 7 for Board (with one pending karma recalculation on both). This is enough to hold an election cycle, with 3 seats for Council and 5 for Board. Thanks again to Misterc for creating and updating the wiki page.

As such, the debate/Q&A portion of the election is now open. For now, we will proceed with matters as if Si Howard is in the running, pending his Karma recalculation. If the calculation is too low, the candidate will simply be removed from the ballot.

As a reminder, it takes 10 Karma to vote, which for some may require you to link your TMO account with Maemo.org. (They are not linked by default!) Please do so if you have not already, as updating will not be possible once voting has begun!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
err, are we again following that unfortunate custom to send out ballots some 10h *after* voting has opened?
I tried since years to make council mail the ballots/tokens at least one week *before* voting starts. (or allow advance voting, like letter voting on any decent 'real' vote - I think US-Army members can send in their ballot 3 months before president voting period starts)

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-10-01 at 20:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Updated the top post to reflect current election status:

The list of nominees is complete, with one nominee pending Karma recalculation. Please review the list, and feel free to ask questions either here, on the mailing list, or on the wiki page. All candidates will be encouraged to answer community questions, preferably in a format that can be easily wiki-fied.

Just as a reminder, those that want to vote should be sure they have 10 Karma. Note that in order for your TMO activity to count, you must link your TMO account to your Maemo.org account. Be sure to do that if you have not done so already!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Woody,

i thought you had decided not to take part in Community activites during the winter as it conflicted with your real life obligations...

i appreciate that under those circumstances doing the right thing takes over doing things right, but...
if that's the way things are going to be, is it worth the time and effort to go thru all that rehashing of by-laws & all?
actually, more worrying question... will you folks have time for all that Foundation + Council stuff?

again, i'm all in favour of doing the right thing, but i'm not sure if Foundation can... function without things being done right

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
err, are we again following that unfortunate custom to send out ballots some 10h *after* voting has opened?
The problem right now with the voting system is that the sever it's run on (and the databases it pulls from) are not automated or easily accessible, requiring and admin for the machine to intervene on Council's behalf. That game of admin-tag tends to take some time.

I've been working on the voting machine to allow several "new" features. You can see my recent check-ins to see the changes, mainly minor ones so far. One of those features was fixing a script to allow using one voting token for multiple elections, as was the case for the recent CC elections and will be the case for this dual Board/Council election. Another change was the ability to get your token re-mailed to you in case your spam filter ate the first one, or you accidentally deleted it.

I'm hoping to later update the system to create new elections, automate the pulls needed to form the electorate table, generate tokens, and possibly even automate the outgoing e-mail. That would allow Council or the Board to setup and run elections without the need of an administrator doing anything. It would also limit the exposure of the user database, since it would all be handled locally on the server, purely by php scripts.

For now, the setup steps one can replicate elsewhere (tables, candidates, etc) have been done and sent off to be injected. If we're lucky, we may have vote tokens mailing out later today or tomorrow. But that's highly dependent on Niels, as he's the only admin on those servers right now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: