Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Just received an N800 (a gift for my dad) which shipped without the Skype voucher. The box advertises it but it is obviously missing.

Nokia CS told me that it wasn't their issue, that they don't handle the vouchers! Who puts them in the factory sealed box then?! They were totally clueless and unhelpful.

Anyway, not sure where to turn now. Anyone have a similar issue/resolution?

What makes you so sure that there should be a voucher? I didn't have one in my N810's box either. And I didn't need one. Downloading Skype should work without anything else.

The Following User Says Thank You to tvogel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Charlotte, NC
I did not receive one in my box either, although the box was marked that it contained the voucher. tvogel, this was for 3 free months of Skype out service.

I think that the free trial period was over, but the label was still on the box. I decide that I would just let it go...turns out the Skype out service is $3 per month, so I decided it was not worth the hassle.

ET

Ok, I see. Sorry, didn't know about that offer.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
instigator, I've got my card and won't be using it. Not sure if it's still good (I got my n800 in dec). I'll check the card later when I get home, and PM you the codes on the card.

If anyone thinks this is nontransferable, please post that here.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
instigator, check your personal messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Im2: Blown away by your generosity. I truly appreciate it.

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
instigator, I've got my card and won't be using it. Not sure if it's still good (I got my n800 in dec). I'll check the card later when I get home, and PM you the codes on the card.

If anyone thinks this is nontransferable, please post that here.

The skype promotion still seems to be on, I purchased my n800 on Saturday (Feb 9) and recieved the card in the box. Activation still worked.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
The skype promotion still seems to be on, I purchased my n800 on Saturday (Feb 9) and recieved the card in the box. Activation still worked.
It is BEAUTIFUL to see people helping each other out. I am moved!

Going back to the subject, in fact that Skype offer worked very well. I bought Skype credit and with the Skype 3 month free offer, Skype continues to give 3 month free service while making US/Canada calls. Skype would only deduct from my acct when making calls outside US/Canada. In summary, I am pleased with Skype.

I did not get any voucher for my N810 either,

bun

I got the 3-month voucher in mine that arrived from Buy.com last week. It was on the bottom of the package, underneath EVERYTHING. I almost missed it.