Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
I got manpath working. I had to add it to /etc/profile instead of ~/.bashrc

Of course harmattan is using sh. How could I forget that? Silly me.. Anyway

Now I get the error that manpath can't open the configuration file manpath.config as it isn't located in /etc/. Instead it's located in /opt/myfiles/etc.

How do I get manpath reading the config file and other files from /opt/myfiles do I have to make symlinks??

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
I got the man command working by just symlinking executable in /opt/myfiles/usr/lib/man-db/man to /opt/myfiles/usr/bin/man.
It's a shame that it was not present after unpacking the deb. I wonder why nokia added this package in their repo in the first place, since it conflicts with busybox.
Anyway the man command is working.. But unfortunately without the manuals.

Manpath should fix this. However I have no idea what to do next.

make another symlinks to the other non-binary folders or just edit the manpath.config file?

Last edited by Ariadeno; 2012-07-06 at 21:54.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
anyone knows how to get man working?
i'd appreciate that...

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
One option would be to rebuild BusyBox with support for the man applet. That way you wouldn't need to worry about all of those dependencies.

I'm not sure that Aegis will allow you to replace BusyBox so you might need to use Open Mode or Inception.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Ariadeno View Post
I got manpath working. I had to add it to /etc/profile instead of ~/.bashrc
You mean PATH not MANPATH, or?

Now I get the error that manpath can't open the configuration file manpath.config as it isn't located in /etc/. Instead it's located in /opt/myfiles/etc.

How do I get manpath reading the config file and other files from /opt/myfiles do I have to make symlinks??
You either create /etc/manpath.config (manually). Or if there is already one under /opt you symlink it.

Alternatively, just set MANPATH accordingly in /etc/profile. This saves you from having to create the config file and symlink it.