Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Let's just say my wish for desktop/server OS/UI, tablet OS/UI, mobile OS/UI might happen the way I truly thought it should have since Windows Vista. No more desktop mode for Surface... please be true.
And no more Metro mode on desktop!

MS are trying to play Apple, not realizing that Apple did not force the same UI on their desktop and portable machines. Why? Because they know better.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
And no more Metro mode on desktop!

MS are trying to play Apple, not realizing that Apple did not force the same UI on their desktop and portable machines. Why? Because they know better.
Metro, in practice could have been great. But in application, it seems half-assed, rushed. A lot of refinements that were originally shown never came to light.

Desktop needs to be desktop. Seeing Windows Server 2012 R2 adopt Metro was probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen as an admin. Most of my time would probably be spent in PowerShell or the admin apps, and those do not need to be Metro.

Apple is doing the complete opposite. They're going from mobile (iOS) to desktop whereas Microsoft is going from desktop to mobile. Funny part, I actually think that's the best way to go - Apple's way that is. But making Metro the default for everything; it just still doesn't seem to work unless you have touch enabled everything.

Give it time. You'll see even more iOS on OS X. Notifications, certain UI cues. Heck, LaunchPad on OS X is the iOS app launcher on OS X.

Just a thought but when you call your potential customers "idiots" ...

Quote Lumiaman "its close to idiot proof like IOS"

You have already lost, just the sheer arrogance in that statement is enough to ensure that at no point will I ever buy, use or recommend a Windows phone.

In fact it is safe to say that I will recommend any and every other possible option ahead of Windows phone at every opportunity.

Windows phone is already a loser in waiting.

rgds

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I beg to disagree. The mobile division is well and alive, perhaps under a different flag. Doing much better than Blackberry.
A smartphone division that has made losses for every single quarter of the windows phone strategy is not "alive and well"

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Just a thought but when you call your potential customers "idiots" ...

Quote Lumiaman "its close to idiot proof like IOS"

You have already lost, just the sheer arrogance in that statement is enough to ensure that at no point will I ever buy, use or recommend a Windows phone.

In fact it is safe to say that I will recommend any and every other possible option ahead of Windows phone at every opportunity.

Windows phone is already a loser in waiting.

rgds
you are too thick to understand that idiot proof devices are the smartest devices as the customer doesnt have to worry about anything malfunctioning and you cant screw up the device, and it works intuitively. Idiot proof is what 99.9% want. the rest go for jolla.

Looks like WP is making some headway in Latin America:

http://www.gsmarena.com/windows_phon...-news-7245.php

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...J-2luWT9sFYs8E

This the both the crux of it and the whatever twinkle of light left for Nokia.

All the pus gathered during both OPK's and Elop's mismanagement can be drawn out. Maybe, just maybe, in a decade or so it will be seen like early 90's for Nokia, ie. near death before phoenix like rise. The rational part of me might disagree, but Nokia has reborn so many times during its history...hope.

At least they are free of OPK era bureacracy and Elop's Microsoft death grip now.

Now comes the hard part: who will be the new leader

The very fact that you call them "idiot proof" is proof enough.

rgds

It is fortunate for us that the world is bigger than just you Lumiaman. I for one support a world where people learn to think for themselves.

Nothing wrong with making devices that are useful and straightforward but some people want to change gears by hand, parallel park and learn to read maps.

Go figure not all of us want to sit in front a telly or like having services spoon fed.

Thank you Lumiaman but I choose to continue to stay in the >80% of people that choose to think for themselves.

You are of course welcome to continue using restricted, small minded devices such as Windows phones.

Last edited by uTMY; 2013-11-24 at 17:24.

Many people think the following way:

I want a device that works well, types well, has good battery life, good call quality, looks good, feels good, can read big letters.

I DO NOT WANT a device that I need to mod, patch, reboot, re-flash, open X-terminal and write a script so that a god damn email works properly because lazy coders didnt do their job right and made this device so much dependent on me to finish what should have been done by coders. Basically I DO NOT WANT half baked N900 and N9 two very dumb devices because one had to do a lot of moding to make them work right.

SMART device is the one that predicts and knows what the owner wants, DUMB devices is what the Maemo team fed us. That is why they are out of business.

So why are you still on this forum then?

To do what?

Insult everyone who supports Maemo?

Perhaps you should go and find a home that supports users of Microsoft and Nokia?

As I don't think this is it.

rgds

ps. The N900/Maemo still out competes every other phone for my purposes and I couldn't care less about your purposes or Nokia and Microsoft as they have absolutely nothing to do with this community <--- hint this means you have reached the status of irrelevancy ... well done.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha