Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Thanks. I'm re-writing cuteTube using QML/C++ atm, so I'll look into this when I'm closer to finishing the app.
really ? a full re-write ? dude u rock .

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
sorry man... tried searching within this thread... but couldn't find any solution about not being able to play it in the media player..

downloaded a couple of videos i 360p and 420p but the media player just said Unable to play Media, Format not supported...

remember downloading it before and worked swell

what happened?

where can I find this app? looked on this site and ovi, can't find an app named cuteTube

Originally Posted by n900faniam View Post
where can I find this app? looked on this site and ovi, can't find an app named cuteTube
You have to enable the "extras devel" catalogue in your app manager, then search for it. If your not sure how, just say, i'll tell u

How do I delete previous configurations or settings? I think I figured out why videos weren't playing.

Running
python /opt/cutetube/cutetube.py
as a user leads to CuteTube not being able to play videos, or view the settings

Running
as root allows me to view settings, and play videos.

This suggests to me that there may be a bad setting or something with the user instead of root.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
How do I delete previous configurations or settings? I think I figured out why videos weren't playing.

Running
as a user leads to CuteTube not being able to play videos, or view the settings

Running
as root allows me to view settings, and play videos.

This suggests to me that there may be a bad setting or something with the user instead of root.
The config file is located at:

Code:
/home/user/.config/Stuart\ Howarth/cuteTube.conf

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Hi would there be any way to have an ability to amend the current search from within the results page? For example, I want to look for youtube video's for shell scripting so I pull that up. Then I realize I really want, linux shell scripting, so I go back and redo the search or get the most recent search and amend it.

Would be nice if you did not have to switch screens from the search results to amend (which is really do a new) search, that way you could get very granular without having to switch back to a previous screen.

Btw the app is great as it is it is just me being selfish, I know that

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
Hi would there be any way to have an ability to amend the current search from within the results page? For example, I want to look for youtube video's for shell scripting so I pull that up. Then I realize I really want, linux shell scripting, so I go back and redo the search or get the most recent search and amend it.

Would be nice if you did not have to switch screens from the search results to amend (which is really do a new) search, that way you could get very granular without having to switch back to a previous screen.

Btw the app is great as it is it is just me being selfish, I know that
There used to be a 'New search' button in the search results window, but I removed it because creating lots of new windows can cause memory issues. The windows and their child objects (thumbnails etc) have to be stored in RAM.

I'm rewriting cuteTube using QML/C++ atm, so I'm discontinuing development on the existing version. The new version will have cleaner code, improved performance and a 'blingy' UI with some nice transitions. The basic layout will remain the same, though the application will run in fullscreen and has a less awkward menu system. I'm already quite a way into designing the UI, so I'm hoping to release something within the next few weeks.

I'm genuinely surprised and impressed at just how much work you can do in QML.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
marxian, need any improved icons? Just ask me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
marxian, need any improved icons? Just ask me.
Thanks. When I've finished designing the UI layouts, I'll post some screenshots so you can get a good idea of what would be suitable.

My website

GitHub

Tags
youtube